NC state of emergency -- 2nd Amendment BANNED

albritton77

Oh... by all means. Don't take my word for it.
See for yourselves.

Link Removed

Wanna know what's even more screwed up?
Police aren't even legally required to protect individual lives.
Not even with restraining orders in place.
Link Removed
I suppose that means that police aren't responsible for individual lives in states of emergency either, RIGHT?
WELCOME TO THE $HIT SANDWICH, REDEFINED!!!

That's RIGHT! Welcome to the POLICE STATE, BABY!
YOUR LIFE DOESN'T MATTER!
(Not in North Carolina, at least.)

I thought we took care of that gun banning problem after Katrina.:fie: Time to get in touch with the N.R.A. I.L.A. and see if they can block this. I feel bad for all the people in N.C. I hope all goes well and nobody get's hurt. Well try and have a good week!

I'm ready on Cape Cod! Nobody will deny me my right to self defense....no matter what the "state" of emergency is.

I live in NC, I never stopped carrying and no Cop or Weekend Warrior came to visit me... so much for your panic attack! This is just the GRNC trying to get the little guys who can't reason on their own stirred up. SAF is already in court here in NC trying to get the statute rescinded and re-written to exclude banning firearms. :fie:

Okay. You people in North Carolina need to start doing something about the unacceptable number of Democrats in your state government! DO it now. Get out there and start campaining against them and For a representative that will protect your states constitution.

law is a good idea

The law is intended to keep the armed viglantees off the street. Keeps the hillbillies in check.
I have seen postings here, where, IMHO several members are just itching to utilize their firearms, and their self proclaimed rights.
\\\"As soon as that Obama fella is gone, things will be good. Glen Beck said so.

Seriously, the people who have CCW permits are the unofficial state milita. Perhaps the gubment might find a way to use the talent in emergency situations, after screening the pool of aplicants.

Seriously, the people who have CCW permits are the unofficial state milita. Perhaps the gubment might find a way to use the talent in emergency situations, after screening the pool of aplicants.

It used to be that every able bodied man was the militia. Now there's a requirement for a piece of paper from the very same government that supposedly represents the people required?

It used to be that every able bodied man was the militia. Now there\'s a requirement for a piece of paper from the very same government that supposedly represents the people required?

The CC permit holders have passed back ground checks, and had minimal training.

Most of the street thugs are able bodied. Much more then the typical permit holder. Many prisons have weigh training.

You want the street thugs armed?

I just took my concealed carry class on august 7th and am currently waiting on my permit here in NC. They did not teach this law in the class. Since the did not teach it to me, i guess i cant follow a law i know nothing about now can it. Hell i had my gun in my car all day thursday and friday.

Besides, did the state of emergency apply to the entire state or just the coastal regions affected?. Sorry, but its a freakin hurricane. They happen all the time. the coastal communities know how to cope with them. Why such a fuss over it. Its not like we were all 12 ft belowe sea level like new orleans was.

NC has a bunch of backward prejudiced rednecks making our laws! Do you know that we have to get a pistol permit from our sheriffs office before we are allowed to buy a crossbow! I was denied a concealed carry permit for drinking beer! Ive never had a DWI in my life! But the state of NC says that I am a Alcoholic, and in the state of NC Alcoholics are not allowed to have a CCW permit no matter how law abiding they are. I thought it was O.K. to drink beer at Home after a hard day of work.:mad:

NC has a bunch of backward prejudiced rednecks making our laws! Do you know that we have to get a pistol permit from our sheriffs office before we are allowed to buy a crossbow! I was denied a concealed carry permit for drinking beer! Ive never had a DWI in my life! But the state of NC says that I am a Alcoholic, and in the state of NC Alcoholics are not allowed to have a CCW permit no matter how law abiding they are. I thought it was O.K. to drink beer at Home after a hard day of work.:mad:

and exactly how did they come to know you drink beer. i saw no such question on my application.

were you ever admitted to a hospital for alcohol poisoing in your youth? I just dont see how they would just randomly lable you as an alcoholic without something coming back on your background checks/ mental health checks.

Something doesn't sound right. I drink beer and even alcohol at home. Didn't affect my CHP. Do you have any drunk & disorderly, open container ticket, or anything similar in your record? Maybe been to drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment? Unless you voluntarily told them you were an alcoholic they have no way to know without some arrest or treatment record. UNLESS one of the people you put as a reference told them you were an alkie!

There is the option of a virginia non-resident CHP which is just as valid in NC with the exception that you can't use it in the place of a PPP when you buy a pistol.

I was denied a concealed carry permit for drinking beer! Ive never had a DWI in my life! But the state of NC says that I am a Alcoholic, and in the state of NC Alcoholics are not allowed to have a CCW permit no matter how law abiding they are. I thought it was O.K. to drink beer at Home after a hard day of work.:mad:

Could you provide some documentation for that? The only prohibition regarding alcohol that I can find is that you must not have been convicted of driving while impaired within the past 3 years.

Or is there more to the story that you haven't shared?

I was depressed over a woman and I made the mistake of talking to a Therapist. They ask if I drank alcohol or used drugs. I told them I drank beer at home after work. Once your name is in the files of any mental health providers system you are screwed! My advice to anyone is to Never trust a mental health worker. What ever you tell them is Not Private! It will be documented and someday used against you.

much more

I was depressed over a woman and I made the mistake of talking to a Therapist. They ask if I drank alcohol or used drugs. I told them I drank beer at home after work. Once your name is in the files of any mental health providers system you are screwed! My advice to anyone is to Never trust a mental health worker. What ever you tell them is Not Private! It will be documented and someday used against you.
me thinks there is much more to this story. last time i checked, consumption of beer is legal.

Actually, according to the Governor's Chief Council, this particular Executive Order (EO-62) was invoked under Chapter 166-A of the North Carolina Emergency Management Act, which DOES NOT automatically invoke 14-288.7 (which restricts the right to transport firearms off of your property), not 36A Chapter 14 (which does invoke 14-288.7), which is an outright lie. EO-62 states

“I delegate to Reuben F. Young, Secretary of Crime Control and Public Safety, or his designee, all power and authority granted to me and required of me by Article 1 of Chapter 166A of the General Statutes and Article 36A of Chapter 14 of the General Statutes for the purpose of implementing the State’s Emergency Operations Plan and to take such further action as is necessary to promote and secure the safety and protection of the populace in North Carolina.” [Emphasis added]

Perdue needs to be voted out as soon as possible. The only reason she is in office is due to the many people that voted straight Dem tickets in 08 and has been a disaster for our state as far back as when she was Lt Gov.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back