If Your Pastor Asked You Not to Carry In Church ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In SC this is simple - if he asks you to not carry in church you cannot carry in church. If he says you can carry in church you can carry in church. By default you cannot carry in a house of worship without permission from a "managing authority" (and you better have it in writing). His reasons do not matter as far as the law is concerned. This assumes the Pastor is the "managing authority" in the church, which would be REALLY hard to argue against.

In a state where carrying into a house of worship is allowed, then I would counter that this is a personal decision and is none of his business.

How would your pastor know you are carrying, if concealed, key word concealed, no way, if state law said you can't carry if posted you would have to comply, would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6, not illegal in Texas unless posted.

In SC this is simple - if he asks you to not carry in church you cannot carry in church.
This is the one, simlpe correct answer all you gawd-fearnig gun-totin' debaters fail to realize. After you are told not to, you are breaking the law if you do. The Church is private property afer all, IIRC.

Pretty simple. :pleasantry:

How would your pastor know you are carrying, if concealed, key word concealed, no way, if state law said you can't carry if posted you would have to comply, would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6, not illegal in Texas unless posted.

What if you get a life sentence in a supermax for first degree? I bet you would be begging for the gallows then.

My question is simple, what would you do if your Pastor or (other religious leader)met you at the door next Sunday , pulled you to the side and said “Hey Chuck I really feel like God wants me to ask you not to carry your gun in service.” ? How would you handle it? Would you respect his authority over you?
Please explain your answer

Me "Then you had better ask him again because he told me he wanted me too...":biggrin:

In SC this is simple - if he asks you to not carry in church you cannot carry in church. If he says you can carry in church you can carry in church. By default you cannot carry in a house of worship without permission from a "managing authority" (and you better have it in writing). His reasons do not matter as far as the law is concerned. This assumes the Pastor is the "managing authority" in the church, which would be REALLY hard to argue against.

In a state where carrying into a house of worship is allowed, then I would counter that this is a personal decision and is none of his business.

Here in MI it is the Church board that makes that decision.... N since I am on the board..... that and MI law has a little stipulation.... If you have a CCW you can OC anyplace a police officer can.....

God and guns do not mix, you all say so yourselves in your daily damnation of the Middle-Eastern conflict.

re check that line, it's God, Guns, Gut's and Glory and yes they do go togeather..... it's just Muslims guns and explosives that do not go togeather....

How would your pastor know you are carrying,

Don't you think the same God that told him to ask you not to carry can tell him that you are carrying?

I have never discussed carrying in my church W/ my pastor but he knows I do it

Let me make this perfectly clear,,,,
I am not mocking anyone's faith.

I have heard this expression, or words to this effect several times;
"God told me to do this, or that" "I prayed to God, and he answered my prayer"
How does God, the supreme being, communicate with mortal man?

I gave several examples of modern communication in my past posting. That made someone so angry, he started a public letter demanding my head. Is this God's way of silencing me? Does God read USA CARRY?

Treo, you are saying if I become a beliver, then God will communicate with me? I am asking, how? In what form?
Voices in my head? A whisper behind my back? What?

The Bible says that "The Natural man recieves not the things of the Spirit nor can he understand the for they are Spiritually discerned"

IOW Biblically speaking you are spiritually dead and we could explain it all day long and you wouldn't get it

God has spoken to me through His Word, I''ll open it up and read something that applies directly to my situation

God has spoken to me through sermons that Pastors have preached. I went to a service one night in which the topic was the disciples and the Pastor, who had never met me in his life, was saying ' Jesus said this and such to Peter" and "Jesus said "this and such to James". He then walked right over to me stuck his hfinger in my face and said "And this is what God said to Thomas" (my given name ) and proceeded to speak directly to a situation I was dealing W/ in life. Remember, this guy didn't know me from a bar of soap.

And sometimes God communicates directly to my SpiritI can't define it , I can't explain it but He does it

The Bible says that "The Natural man recieves not the things of the Spirit nor can he understand the for they are Spiritually discerned"

IOW Biblically speaking you are spiritually dead and we could explain it all day long and you wouldn't get it

God has spoken to me through His Word, I''ll open it up and read something that applies directly to my situation

God has spoken to me through sermons that Pastors have preached. I went to a service one night in which the topic was the disciples and the Pastor, who had never met me in his life, was saying ' Jesus said this and such to Peter" and "Jesus said "this and such to James". He then walked right over to me stuck his hfinger in my face and said "And this is what God said to Thomas" (my given name ) and proceeded to speak directly to a situation I was dealing W/ in life. Remember, this guy didn't know me from a bar of soap.

And sometimes God communicates directly to my SpiritI can't define it , I can't explain it but He does it

You have a biblical name, you went to church where sermons apply to almost everyone in the room, and you sincerely believe that this coincidence was a revelation from God? Come on -smh- you cannot take that seriously, can you? Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

What many gun owners of your caliber fail to understand is that you are your own worst enemy. Keep these type of things to yourself, you are not helping your case by using an erroneous instance of pure coincidence. If you truly believe in God you should not have to argue your point.

Obviously, you don't know what Adiministrative Maximum Security (super max) is. It is a 24 hour a day total lock down facility you are in solitary confinement for your entire sentence and you only come out of that cell for 1 hour once evey other day for a shower and exercise. You do not go to Supermax unles you are on the level of Timothy Mcveigh, Tery Nichols, John Gotti Jr., Kahlid Mohommed or you are uncontrolable at a regular maximum security prison.

The Supermax in Florence Co. is underground so you don't even get to see the sun.

That's a little different than just being in prison for life

Obviously, you don't know what Adiministrative Maximum Security (super max) is. It is a 24 hour a day total lock down facility you are in solitary confinement for your entire sentence and you only come out of that cell for 1 hour once evey other day for a shower and exercise. You do not go to Supermax unles you are on the level of Timothy Mcveigh, Tery Nichols, John Gotti Jr., Kahlid Mohommed or you are uncontrolable at a regular maximum security prison.

The Supermax in Florence Co. is underground so you don't even get to see the sun.

That's a little different than just being in prison for life

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelican_Bay_State_Prison

Stop spouting off ridiculous things without doing some reading. It took me two seconds to search pelican bay and debunk what you just said. So please, read before you speak.

This is the one, simlpe correct answer all you gawd-fearnig gun-totin' debaters fail to realize. After you are told not to, you are breaking the law if you do. The Church is private property afer all, IIRC.

Pretty simple. :pleasantry:

That depends on each state's laws. And I'll bet the posters on this thread realize that better than you do.

At my church the pastor is an advocate of the 2nd ammendment. One of the associate pastors was actually one of my references for my out-of-state NH concealed carry permit, and he plans to get his as well. I'd bet that if I were to ask I could get a letter from them allowing me to carry on church property.

Some states do not ban a firearm at a place of worship. I honestly do not understand why SC did.

You have a biblical name, you went to church where sermons apply to almost everyone in the room, and you sincerely believe that this coincidence was a revelation from God? Come on -smh- you cannot take that seriously, can you?

You'll just have to accept that what he said was specific to the point that he may as well have said " And God said to Thomas, you live at such and such address in Colorado Springs on the third floor of an apartment building. You own a ferret that you land lord doesn't know about because you hide it's cage in the master walk in closet. God says your gunsafe contains a Mini 30, a mini 14 , a universal arms M1 carbine, 3 Llamas and a Smith and Wesson modle 915

It was that specific and that accurate and he had no clue he was even doing it

It is a Supermax, it says it in the first two sentences. Why do you keep arguing when confronted with facts?

edit. Ahh you finally read it and retracted your post.

You'll just have to accept that what he said was specific to the point that he may as well have said " And God said to Thomas, you live at such and such address in Colorado Springs on the third floor of an apartment building. You own a ferret that you land lord doesn't know about because you hide it's cage in the master walk in closet. God says your gunsafe contains a Mini 30, a mini 14 , a universal arms M1 carbine, 3 Llamas and a Smith and Wesson modle 915

Doubt it.

What the he!! are you doing with three Llamas? Trying to make one good gun? :laugh:

Sorry man - could not resist. I can honestly believe what you are saying. I've seen it myself. It can almost freak you out if you aren't ready for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back