Road Rage and Shots Fired

Sometimes you should take care of business and sometimes not:
Road Rage Incident on Mopac Ends in Shots Fired
I think Mr Smith is going to lose his permit to carry, and probably will end up convicted of a felony. I hope he didn't have a nice 9mm. It is going to belong to the county now. In some places, LEO's are allowed to buy the confiscated firearms.
Lesson to all. If someone starts to efff with you on the road. You are not allowed to end the game with a firearm. Best thing to do, exit, or call 911 if unable. People tailgating? I just slow down. They usually go around. Someone cut you off? So? Did you have an actual crash? No? Let it go.

As much as I support the castle doctrine, it does not mean you HAVE to shoot at the other person. This shooter had options he failed to take. Hope he gets what he deserves and it has no negative effect on other permit holders.

Just because someone has a permit to carry doesn't mean you should THINK with your weapon, you're best weapon is your BRAIN!
(my 2 cents)

..."Smith said he feared for his life and decided to end the situation before he got hurt or the car damaged. Smith drew a 9mm handgun, which he is licensed for in Texas, then fired two rounds at the pick up truck driver. Smith said he was trying to use deadly force against the driver, but ended up hitting the driver's two right tires."

This guy defines a Moron! He not only slept through the CHL class, he can't even hit a target the size of a pickup truck.

Then, the other driver admits to antagonizing Smith because he has ADD. I say lock 'em both up.

How come the other driver wasn't charged? or if he was why wasn't it included in the article?

Update on local news today says no charges - they got one guy and that satisfies the paperwork for the clowns in Austin.

I did not see a CHL license mentioned in the article in the link, and you do not need a license to carry a pistol in your vehicle in Texas. If he has a CHL, he really didn't learn anything in the class..

I did not see a CHL license mentioned in the article in the link, and you do not need a license to carry a pistol in your vehicle in Texas. If he has a CHL, he really didn't learn anything in the class..

Yes, he did have a CHL, but not for much longer ...

..."Smith said he feared for his life and decided to end the situation before he got hurt or the car damaged. Smith drew a 9mm handgun, which he is licensed for in Texas, then fired two rounds at the pick up truck driver. Smith said he was trying to use deadly force against the driver, but ended up hitting the driver's two right tires."

This guy defines a Moron! He not only slept through the CHL class, he can't even hit a target the size of a pickup truck.

Then, the other driver admits to antagonizing Smith because he has ADD. I say lock 'em both up.

+ 1 and in the same cell .

There were a couple guys in the Springs a few years back had a similar incident. They were both carrying, ended up shooting it out in the middle of an intersection two blocks from where I lived at the time.

Both DOA.

Like others said, this guy will most likely end up with a felony conviction.

When carrying, the LAST thing you ever want to do is have to discharge your weapon. Take EVERY possible avenue to extricate yourself from the situation before resorting to deadly force. I don't care how much an an A-hole someone is, dead is dead, and you don't want to live with questions like, "Did I really have to kill that guy?".

Here you go, this one happened just a couple days ago, 10 miles north of the one I mentioned earlier. Not exactly road rage, but very similar type incident. This stuff is going on all the time, just in case you don't believe it Willyboy:

Suspect says shooting at Monument Big O Tires was self defense - KWGN

That seems like a totally different case to me, as someone who was actually using self defense is being accused of murder. I hope he gets a good attorney and gets off on that.

That seems like a totally different case to me,
Oh no, it's very similar. That kid used a pistol to break up a fight between his dad and a tire salesman. 7 shots point blank, killed the guy. Rage. You got no business with access to firearms If you are going to resort to deadly force when you get angry.

Like others said, this guy will most likely end up with a felony conviction.

When carrying, the LAST thing you ever want to do is have to discharge your weapon. Take EVERY possible avenue to extricate yourself from the situation before resorting to deadly force. I don't care how much an an A-hole someone is, dead is dead, and you don't want to live with questions like, "Did I really have to kill that guy?".

Just wear earplugs. Its not killing someone that bothers you later in life. Its the sounds they make and the stuff they say when they are dying. If you wear earplugs... your fine.

No, no, no, no, no! I have ADHD and am trying to secure an Indiana PPP right now. I Do. Not. Need. Some doorknob pleading "attention deficit" as an excuse for his road raging idiocy!

This Smith character definitely needs to lose his ticket. At least long enough for him to take Remedial Self-Defense Pistol 101 and Handgun Marksmanship 202. Even if the doorknob named Evans was trying to block him from an exit, you're telling me there was no possible way for Smith to get into the right lane? No possible way to get into the off-ramp? Even if Evans was following and ramming him, far better to come to a smashing, crashing stop and then take a more well-aimed shot than to do so at 70 MPH.

I believe as described, it IS an application of the Texas Castle Doctrine, but it was a very, very dumb application.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back