Amended

That would only prove the foregone conclusion that the majority of people who participate in this type thread here are religious bigots.

Opinion, not fact... Yours not mine...

And I suppose, preempt the similarly forgone conclusion that presented with facts and logic, the religious zealot crowd wishing to advance these infalmmatory hate-filled diatribes, are exposed for what they are.

So produce the poll and read the results... Show "us" what you think you know about "us".

Sheldon, I'm sorry if you perceive this as a derailment. I say simply, No mosque at the location in question.. I will read the results, but remain post free on this thread going forward...

Peace...

Sorry, I meant to say in my earlier post that I am also against building a mosque at ground zero. Not simply because it's Muslim but because doing so, under the conditions, is in very poor taste. Instead a permanent memorial park should be built there so that we never forget to always be prepared.

Sorry, I meant to say in my earlier post that I am also against building a mosque at ground zero. Not simply because it's Muslim but because doing so, under the conditions, is in very poor taste. Instead a permanent memorial park should be built there so that we never forget to always be prepared.

boy-scout-4.jpg

BE PREPARED

I wonder what it will take for Americans to wake up and see all of this for what it really is......Never should this be allowed.

I believe that I read somewhere a mosque would violate the zoning ordinance? Of course the libs wont let a simple law stand in the way of their agenda.

They have no rebuttal to our objections so they stand up & shout their liberal chant "racist, zealot, xenophobe, Nazi, right winger". The more vacuous their argument the louder their shouts of racist.

Let me clue you folks in. They (the Islamic zealots (or does Christianity only have zealots according to you?)) not only want to kill me, they want to KILL YOU TOO!!!

You want to do something truly noble for a radical islamist? Take one for the team & earn some goat shagger his place in the afterlife. We will both be grateful. :pleasantry:

One other point... The chants of "racist" have gotten you folks allot of ground. Those of us that are not racist would be humbled by the shout as we were worried we would be labeled one.

You have over used it & abused it. Consequently it means little now.

More & more people I talk to tell me the same thing, when they hear racist they dig in their heals. We are fed up with it!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."
Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto- After the attack on Pearl Harbor

And you come down on those who post ambiguous photos. I ask what does the Scout photo add to the discussion?

Be Prepared: The Motto of the Boy Scouts of America
Excerpted from page 54, Boy Scout Handbook, 11th ed,
(#33105), copyright 1998 by BSA, ISBN 0-8395-3105-2

What in the world is the matter with people? I have posted some pretty long posts on here before and tried to keep them factual and about what was being discussed.

And then... I log on today. My word. Like a bunch of little kids with "My Dad/Mom can beat up YOUR Dad/Mom" envy. My question is: WHY?

Most of the 'Just say NO' thread wasn't even about the subject of the thread from what I read. It was just a bunch of people screaming back and forth at each other. Again: WHY?

I saw things like:

Atheist/atheism sort of means you do NOT believe in a God or Gods. You are probably Agnostic, believing in agnosticism which means you don't know one way or the other and really don't care.

Sort of like "I am atheist, there is NO God." vs "I am agnostic, I don't know if there is a God or not (and really don't care)."

Well, first off, you aren't an 'older' gent. You have 15 or 20 years before you have to start saying that. LOL
AND, probably no one cares if you took typing in High School or not. It doesn't enter into the picture. You WILL be judged on how well you type and how well you do spelling and grammar. No excuses. This is a new age, even for young guys like me. No one really cares what schooling we had or didn't have, they judge us by what they 'see' on the screen/page in front of them. I took two years of typing a generation ahead of you, so it was probably available at your school and people on these forums will judge your typing (along with everything else). Just part of life these days.

Why in the world would this person even be in the thread if they weren't reading the posts?

Ah, it does mean different things, that is where the fun comes in. Don't forget "they're" also. Hummm, one sentence would be: "Their car should be over there but it appears they're late." And they all sound the same. LOL

I remember 20-25 years ago when I would print up posters there was one I hung in my shop about that very thing. Something like:

Teenagers! NOW is the time. Quick, leave home while you still know it ALL.

I just copied some of that off the last page, not caring who it was posted by. Although, I did see something that made me think. Someone posted something like "This is just a gun forum, who cares if the spelling or grammar is correct?"

If I stop to think about that, I would think "Isn't what I am posting worth doing a spell and grammar check on? Maybe reading my post twice to see if it looks okay?"

If it ISN'T, then I have to ask myself "WHY am I posting it then?"

Do we REALLY think of what we are doing? Do we REALLY tell ourselves "This IS so IMPORTANT that I HAVE to post it, whether I do a spell or grammar check on it or not."

I can't ever remember me posting info that was so important that I couldn't take the time to do a spell/grammar check on it, maybe read it twice.

That is a question I ask myself before every post I make. I always try to make sure things are spelled correctly because I know I don't type real well.

The question to be asked is:"Do I have enough pride and respect for MYSELF to run a quick spell/grammar check while I read through this a second time before I post it."

Did I see someone state "But I speak well." Yes, that is true.

BUT... you ARE speaking with your keyboard NOW, in front of maybe THOUSANDS of people... with your keyboard. It is good to speak well with it also. Maybe more so, because those people can go back and LOOK at "how" you "spoke" in your post.

These are just some of what I have seen.

Oops. From looking at that thread, members on here have NOT been acting very adult.

Would YOU want to have someone you are trying to make an impression on for example for a job bid or an advancement to read THAT thread and have them ask YOU "What is this all about? WHO are those people?"

Would you be PROUD to tell that person (Boss or whomever) in a LOUD voice; "Oh, yeah, that is ummmm, me and my ummmmm, FRIENDS discussing those Muslims. We sure showed those SOB's."

Ummm, probably NOT, right?

We ARE on 'display' in these forums 24/7 people, out there in the electronic world for everyone to see how YOU display yourself to others through your posts.

These are just some of my thoughts, it has been a while since I have been on here.
Please, no one take what I have posted personal. I never even looked to see what names were with the comments. They were just used as examples.

Enjoy... I DO, except sometimes when it looks like a bunch of smart-ass teenagers screaming and hollering at each other.

Ken Chevy

073010 1401

First of all, thank you greatly for your service to our country.
Secondly, once I start getting solicitations from aarp, I can call myself an older gent:laugh:
kidding. point taken.

Just to be fair post both sides of an issue? How about a right wing article, a left wing article, and a moderate article to allow proper perspective?

Sounds good to me, let's make this a logical debate but again keep it civil.

N I am old enough to be in the AARP but when they called and asked me to join a number of years back I put them to task on their anti gun stance.... yeah they never called back. But I did learn to type in the early days of manual typewriters, and before the days of whiteout, or word processors....

The Muslims still talk about when the Christians invaded the holy land centuries ago. It really bothers them. Perhaps some dialog directed a peace might be a good idea?

I am sure there is at least one Muslim reading these postings. I wonder what he/she is saying about them conservative, Christian gun owners?

Oh yeah, a group of Saudi's planned, and hijacked some airplanes and killed over 3,000 Americans. IMO, we find the guilty, hunt them down, and settle matters.

The saudi's supply the world with oil. The government is great friends with the Bush, and Chaney families. Bill Clinton is wetting his beak over there also.

Other then that, IMO, we should not contribute to hate.

As I remember correctly in the end we had our shiny metal rears handed to us, so what is there to be upset about, they basically won, even though it was them that invaded the holy land where modern (and old) Christianity started....

Let's see it has been over 100 years since the abolishment of slavery, and we still get that bit of ugliness thrown about on occasion, but it is past us, one would think that something that ended about 1290-1 would be could be past history by now.... but then they are still fighting over which Muslim sect is the only justifiable one, and that dates back to the death of Mohamadid..... my but them boys have a long and bad memory....

Let's see it has been over 100 years since the abolishment of slavery, and we still get that bit of ugliness thrown about on occasion....
The only difference between pre and post Civil War slavery is now it is technically illegal and the slaves feed and house themselves.

The only difference between pre and post Civil War slavery is now it is technically illegal and the slaves feed and house themselves.

What?!?!?!

Before I tear into you for being a dimwit of epic proportions would you care to qualify this statement?

Before you spew your spin I will give you mine.. Your absolutely correct! I work 70hrs a week & my slave masters are so proud of how productive I have been they let me keep 1/2 of all I make. The other 1/2 they take from me without my permission & use it to secure their position by giving it to a subclass of people that greatest aspiration is their next check. Whom live in air conditioned apartments, watching cable TV, drinking booze & smoking. They have no desire to better their situation because "Uncle Sugar" takes care of their every need.

So who is the real slave & the real master? The one who toils all day to provide for his family or the one who languishes all day & expects the worker to give them more??

What?!?!?!

Before I tear into you for being a dimwit of epic proportions would you care to qualify this statement?

Before you spew your spin I will give you mine.. Your absolutely correct! I work 70hrs a week & my slave masters are so proud of how productive I have been they let me keep 1/2 of all I make. The other 1/2 they take from me without my permission & use it to secure their position by giving it to a subclass of people that greatest aspiration is their next check. Whom live in air conditioned apartments, watching cable TV, drinking booze & smoking. They have no desire to better their situation because "Uncle Sugar" takes care of their every need.

So who is the real slave & the real master? The one who toils all day to provide for his family or the one who languishes all day & expects the worker to give them more??

malcolm-x.jpg

"It is only after slavery and prison that the sweetest appreciation of freedom can come. "
— Malcolm X (The Autobiography of Malcolm X: As Told to Alex Haley)

Agreed, and Please refrain from "Quoting" a post.

Luke a quick Question...
I use the "New Post Screen Almost all of the time. The left two Columns are Activity Icons, and Post/message Icons. Can you add a colunm in there with a "Radio" button "Mark Thread Read"?

So just to recap: Religious bigotry and intolerance is against the true American spirit so it's wrong to prevent a religious facility from being built based on any objection you may have to that particular religion, not being your chosen religion, or your opinions of it one way or the other.

Glad we got that cleared up. :pleasantry:

If everyone just put these two troublemakers on ignore, they would just converse among themselves and leave the rest of us alone! Just a suggestion...:biggrin:

malcolm-x.jpg

MALCOM SEZ;
I just reviewed the site rules, and regulations. I may have overlooked something. CWM, will you please point out the site rules that dictates all postings must to be in agreement with your point of view?

You have stated on several occasions that you have put several of the site members on ignore. Is the ignore feature inoperative?

IMO, you and your lackeys are just trying to stir up trouble.

CWM, One of your titles is wife. You make it no secret that you are a "wife". May I ask if your husband pays attention to your wants, needs, and desires? You appear to have way to much time on your hands. Perhaps you may wish to attend to your wifely duties?

CWM, do you ever discuss carry, and or firearms? I have seen only one gun topic post of yours, that was clearly cut and pasted from an online article.

Please tell us you have something positive to contribute to this website.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back