At least 18 shot at Northern Illinois University

KimberPB

Sad!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/14/university.shooting/index.html

(CNN) -- At least 18 people have been shot at Northern Illinois University outside Chicago, CNN affiliates are reporting.

The University has ordered its student body to seek shelter and canceled classes Thursday.

"Its has been confirmed that there has been a shooting on campus and several people have been taken away by ambulance," the school said in a posting on its DeKalb campus Web site. "All classes are canceled on the DeKalb campus. People are urged not to come to campus."

Gotta love the news! Now the count is:
"At least two people have been shot and several injured at Northern Illinois University outside Chicago, CNN affiliates are reporting."

How could this happen again? Easy in a "gun free zone" but you won't hear anything about that in the news.

Solution to the problem? Restrict the rights of Americans to protect themselves even further. That you WILL hear in the news. :mad:

No surprise!!!

Being one of only 2 states that do not allow their citizens to carry concealed weapons it is not a surprise this has happened. The only surprise is how long it took to happen.

Hopefully this opens the eyes of the bleeding heart liberals in my state to allow its law abiding citizens to carry concealed.

I wish, hope, and pray the students have a speedy recovery and when they are feeling better they sue everyone of the states congress people that are or have been in office for allowing this to happen.

Once again another black eye for Barack Obama. If he can't ensure the safety of his fellow residents how will he ensure the safety of this country.

Latest is that 13 people have been shot.

"Most of the 13 wounded were shot in the head, said Theresa Comitas, spokeswoman for Kishwaukee Community Hospital, located about 10 minutes from the school."

And the "gun man" died of a self inflicted gun shot wound. So once again someone goes on a rampage until he decided it was over and took his own life!

I must be stupid. I thought that if they just keep putting more and more restrictions on fire arms I would be safer and safer.

GOD I love FL. I'm so sorry to hear about this happening AGAIN.

"Grady said it was unlikely authorities could have prevented Thursday's tragedy. "As much as we do, it's unlikely that anyone would ever have the ability to stop an incident like this from beginning," he said."

You're right authorities likely cound not have prevented this but what about one or two armed students??? How many of those innocent young lives could have been saved?

saying 6 dead now. 4 died at the scene including the idiot... I mean gunman. then 2 more died at the hospital.

and here we go. everytime this crap happens I can just hear the anti-gun people saying how bad and dangerous "guns" are. and a lot less focus on how sick the lunatic was who did it. is anyone else tired of this?

Did it out of order....

And the "gun man" died of a self inflicted gun shot wound. So once again someone goes on a rampage until he decided it was over and took his own life!

All these mad men need to do is start by shooting themselves first and all of this fuss will be ended early on. That is the sad reality of it all!

Bad thing is, even if this "troubled soul" had taken his own life first, it's still a bad thing what those guns can do...

I saw this on the news last night, and was truly saddened by it...

This morning, on the way to work, the morning talk show that I listen to was discussing this, and other university shootings. The announcer said several times that it only took minutes for the officials to show up, and I couldn't help it - I had to call in. My first statement was this: When seconds count, Police are minutes away.

I mentioned concealedcampus.org, and how important it is to allow citizens to defend themselves - whether they be students, campus security, professors, etc. The host disagreed with me, saying that he didn't feel that all students should be allowed to carry, but the campus police and the professors should. I told him that by abiding by that school of thought just cost the professor his/her life. If a person with ill intent enters a classroom, and knows that the professor has a weapon, guess who is going to get shot first? Then the rest of the students are just as defenseless as they are now.

I did agree that ALL students should not carry. Let the universities hold an NRA (or other accredited organization) training course, and even go as far as a physc eval (for the purpose of on-school carry only).

If a law abiding citizen is allowed to carry a gun off campus, they should be able to carry on campus.

I finished by saying that Kennesaw GA, and Vermont have some of the lowest crime rates in the nation, becuase the people there are allowed to defend themselves - and on the flip side, look at Washington DC - a so-called gun free zone - has one of the highest crime rates in the US.

The Host had to cut to break, so I didn't get his response - but after the break he had some callers that agreed and disagreed with me. And of course - one lady said it was all the fault of video game's... :)

All these mad men need to do is start by shooting themselves first and all of this fuss will be ended early on. That is the sad reality of it all!

Or at least let us regular folks be prepared to help them along. I mean if you really want to die, pointing a gun at me is a good way to get it done.

When will they learn.....

Or at least let us regular folks be prepared to help them along. I mean if you really want to die, pointing a gun at me is a good way to get it done.

I second that.

It's a shame more people don't exercise their rights. Maybe if they did we wouldn't have to fight so hard to keep them.

Just how much longer are we going to have to put up with this &*^ before the lambs wake up! When will the people of Illinois wake up! I am so sadden by this. Here is a state that will not let you carry, and now there are a lot of families paying for it. GUN FREE ZONES DONT WORK. Restricting GUNS DON”T WORK. Lets keep the families of the victims in are prayers. SAD SAD DAY!

Need some more feedback

on the CNN comments section under the NIU shooting. The anti's are dominating the comments section with the usual platitudes and laments about terrible guns and too lax laws. Cruise by there and put in some carefully selected words of wisdom.

on the CNN comments section under the NIU shooting. The anti's are dominating the comments section with the usual platitudes and laments about terrible guns and too lax laws. Cruise by there and put in some carefully selected words of wisdom.

I put my $.02 in, but it hasn't been posted (big surprise). I have this feeling that the news sources are being deluged with pro-carry sentiment and choosing only to post the anti- stuff.

Um...I don't believe it happened.

I don't believe any of the school or council meeting shootings really happened.I,of course,mean no disrespect at all to the victims.But,let's face it.Those are gun-free zones.If gun-free zones work,then those terrible things did not happen.It's like the moon landing.It is not lawful to carry a gun in a gun-free zone,and gun laws work,so those things did not happen.If anyone wants to take this argument up with me,I will accept the challenge.Especially a congressman.But by doing so they will be admitting that gun-free zones do not work,that gun control does not work,and that they are,in fact counterproductive and cost lives and do not make us safer.When they insist that those terrible things did happen,consequently admitting those laws do not work,they are admitting responsibility of those who create these laws for the deaths of those victims.The challenge is out there.Any takers?
I'm waiting.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back