AR Mags

Anthony_I_Am

I recently got a wad of 30 round AR-15 mags that a service member donated to the thrift shop before he moved. On the side they have "Restricted Military/Law Enforcement/Gov't use only" . Some are manufactured by Center Industries, Witchita KS and some by Kay Industries, New britain CT.

Is this just something they stamp on because they are manufacturerd under military contract or are these actually illegal for me to own? North Carolina doesn't prohibit 30 rd mags.

Thanks.

Don't worry about it. They are left-overs from the old Assault Weapons Ban that expired on September 13, 2004. High cap magazines manufactured during the 94 -04 period were illegal and had to be marked in order to distinguish between the pre ban and post ban magazines . You'll find that on a lot of Post ban firearms and accessories.

You need to get rid of those right now! They are 100% illegal. I'll send you my address, ship them to me, and I'll take that legal problem off your hand. :biggrin:

+1 to what Red Hat said. I have several Military/Law Enforcment mags myself.

They are better that way. They have special powers.:sarcastic:

Red Hat has it correct. Keep 'em and make sure to vote for candidates that support the 2nd Amendment so that we never have any more "Post Ban" items made here in the US.:biggrin:

Peace..

You need to get rid of those right now! They are 100% illegal. I'll send you my address, ship them to me, and I'll take that legal problem off your hand. :biggrin:

+1 to what Red Hat said. I have several Military/Law Enforcment mags myself.

That is what I like about you Kimber, always ready to stick your neck out to help a guy.:biggrin:

That is what I like about you Kimber, always ready to stick your neck out to help a guy.:biggrin:

I'm just trying to do my part to make this a safer world by taking as much gun related stuff of the streets........ and into MY gun vault!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Not illegal to own pretty much anything military grade, to my knowledge at least. Nothing is different from the Military grade magazines to the Civilian magazines, aside from the stamp.

Not illegal to own pretty much anything military grade, to my knowledge at least. Nothing is different from the Military grade magazines to the Civilian magazines, aside from the stamp.

I have 2 Center Industries 30rd mags made in 1991 before the ban and I would love to have a few with Military /LEO only stamps. So if KimberPB can't take all of them I'll take a few.:biggrin:

Of course if buried in the sand on his property they could multiply...:sarcastic:

Peace...

Thanks for all the offers.

But I think now that I have some mags, it is only right that I go buy an AR-15 for them. :biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back