Students for Concealed Carry on Campus

Stainless Sig

"Every day millions of licensed Americans legally carry concealed handguns in movie theaters, office buildings, shopping malls, banks, churches, etc.
Numerous studies show that concealed handgun license holders are five times less likely than non-license holders to commit violent crimes.
Campus "gun free zones" may make some people feel safer, but as recent events demonstrate, feeling safe is not the same as being safe."

Please join Students for Concealed Carry on Campus to make a difference in the policies that colleges across the nation make for "gun free zones." These so called "gun free zones" are only giving people who do evil a guarantee that they will have no one to defend them selves.

Go to www.concealedcampus.org and also join the facebook group called Students for Concealed Carry on Campus.

We have 10,000+ people and growing in support. We have been getting a lot of media attention also. We need you to help make an impact!

Check out these videos of representatives of the organization in the media:
-Students for Concealed Carry on Campus - Fox News Interview
http://youtube.com/watch?v=W4IoUbdtnCs

-Discussion about concealed carry on campuses on The Morning Show
Link Removed

-C-SPAN debate on concealed carry on campuses
Link Removed

Already a member...Actually I am a student here in Utah who conceal carries on campus everyday. But, anywho. I'm spreadin the message as much as I can. I just thank the skies that I opted to go to college here in Utah. I almost did not. I am very glad I did, however, as I know I will at least have a chance. If anything happens.

whiptrackercracker I hope the rest of America follows Utah's example on concealed carry on campuses. Its good to meet someone who has been able to experience it first hand and know how well it has been working. Lets spread the word, huh

I agree, if you have your ccw permit and extra training also, you can make things safer. There are certain areas that still should be safe zones though.

DJ58

I agree, if you have your ccw permit and extra training also, you can make things safer. There are certain areas that still should be safe zones though.

DJ58

....such as? Interested to hear your $.02

....such as? Interested to hear your $.02

Me,too.I think we should all always carry everywhere.Except where someone else can absolutely gaurantee my safety and that of my family.Which is nowhere under Heaven that I know of.

I knew there would be members questioning my comment. my $.02 cents worth is, remember I added extra training a lot of ccw carriers do not take any training in what to do in life threating situations, they go to the range blast off 300 rounds at fifty or seventyfive feet or whatever. I'm no pro don't get me wrong. I need to improve my carrying ability and readyness. A friend has helped me out alot with practicing at the range in point shooting target setup, my carry piece is not made to shoot at 20 to 30 feet targets, I practice at 10 to 15 feet with out the sights, I'm fairly new to carrying my friend has been for years and has had alot of training, luckily for me I have him as a friend to help me at the range, and he is always ready to go to a tactical training class with me. Brainchild and echo 5, with your guys experience you should be able to go anywhere.

Last edited:
Places that SHOULD be restricted

- courthouses, jails, airplanes, cruise ships, trains, certain national monuments and governmental facilities. This could be somewhat addressed by more tightly controlled access and restricted areas should be required to provide for secure storage while in the premises. Further, this also would require these locations to provide "adequate" security for citizens and clients. The devil is in the details - what is adequate? What does "secure" storage mean?

Experience?

I have only been carrying for a year or so.I just feel like I should be responsible for my own safety.I also know,as the evidence in the media supports,that no one else CAN be responsible for my safety.So I feel like I should be allowed to protect myself,wherever I am.I don't get as much practice as I want,or near as much as I need,due to time and money constraints.But I do pay attention to my surroundings.And,as evidenced by another recent post in this forum,I think I am as level-headed and skilled as the average cop.
MY $.02.
:cool:

We now have almost 14,000 members. School shootings are happening almost on a regular basis. Indiana and NIU just in the last week. We must advocate for our right to protect our selves.

Here are some new videos of people from our group in the media.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Last edited:
Students are people too and I would encourage my son to carry to school and everywhere else (that's legal). It's ridiculous to leave these young men and women unprotected in a place they should feel almost as safe as if they were home.

I never went to school without something to protect me besides my own fists. Not being allowed to carry firearms didn't exclude OC spray and I can't think of a day I didn't have a pocket knife since I was 7 years old.

Me,too.I think we should all always carry everywhere.Except where someone else can absolutely gaurantee my safety and that of my family.Which is nowhere under Heaven that I know of.

I do not have a problem leaving my gun behind in secure areas like airports and courthouses. At least in those areas I know that everyone has at the least gone through a metal detector. That's about as close as you can get to someone guaranteeing your safety. Beyond that, I feel it's pretty much up to me.

here's an interesting note, and correct me if i'm wrong. in virginia, it is legal for a ccw permit holder to carry on campus, but it was viginia tech policy not to allow it. how many lives could have been saved by one legally placed shot?

shouldn't carry where?

Seriously, I'm not breaking your balls. I'm always interested in hearing others' opinions. But I'd like to know where people shouldn't carry.:)

courthouse, jail, plane- OK. Cruise ship, train, mass transit? why not?

Last edited:
Do you have to be in college to be a member?

No, you don't have to be in College. The group is made up of students, parents, teachers, government officials, and anyone who would like to advocate for the right to protect your self.

Please do join our facebook group at Link Removed or search for Students for Concealed carry on Campus.

The group is now up to almost 16,000 members.

Here is another video of us in the media:
Link Removed

Also, make sure to check out our home page at http://concealedcampus.org

Seriously, I'm not breaking your balls. I'm always interested in hearing others' opinions. But I'd like to know where people shouldn't carry.:)

courthouse, jail, plane- OK. Cruise ship, train, mass transit? why not?

With the way things are going in this world, I would like to see more folks on trains and mass transit carrying. The cruise ship is a touchy area. Depending on where the ship is going there could be international laws and customs regulations involved. For strictly domestic cruises, don't see a problem though. I did a couple of UC security details on cruise ships. It was fun to play "tourist" and do all of the fun things like shoot skeet off the back of the ship. The shuffle board was interesting. I did have a lot of fun, and would go back again. Just need to find a job that's not so darn long. :( A 10 day cruise can be pretty long.

gf

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back