Cor-Bon DPX

Scarecrow

I kind of like the idea of an all-copper bullet. seems like it should retain just about all of the weight when shot. the concept looks good for hunting or in the carry gun. does anyone have any experience with it? I can only find so much about it when I do a search.

I have been reading up on them but have no experience with them.

According to what I have read they do retain nearly 100% of their weight and seem to be every effective. Corbon does usally put out a pretty good product so I am interested in trying them out. If I remember right they mushroom pretty good in hollow point configuration. I am also thinking they make a hunting round that has a soft center and when it hits something it collapses and expands. Same idea as the hollow point but has better ballistics due to its bullet shape. I can not remember the name of this type of round though.

VERY capable ammo.

I absolutely love DPX. I currently carry Hydra-Shok in my .380 and .40. I carry DPX in my .38 snub. Cor-Bon tests ALL of their ammo in the shortest barrel available per caliber. 38 ammo is tested in a 1.88 in. J-frame. .380 is tested in the P3AT from Kel-Tec. .45 is tested in a 3-in. 945 from Smith & Wesson. Any specs. given on the side of the box will be the same or better from longer barreled guns. 99% retained weight (nothing is 100%) and expansion through heavy clothing are standard. The only downside is cost- over $1 per bullet! When I have a few hundred lying around I will purchase to feed my P99 and .40 AR.
-my $.02

The bullet used is the same that Barnes uses and it is on the FBIs list of approved rounds (For 9mm at least)

9x19mm:
Barnes XPB 105gr & 115gr JHP (copper bullet)
Federal Tactical Bonded 124gr JHP (LE9T1)
Speer Gold Dot 124gr+P JHP
Winchester Ranger Talon 124gr+P JHP (RA9124TP)
Winchester Partition Gold 124gr JHP (RA91P)
Winchester Ranger Talon 127gr+P+ JHP (RA9TA)
Federal Tactical Bonded 135gr+P JHP (LE9T5)
Federal HST 147gr JHP (P9HST2)
Remington Golden Saber 147gr JHP (GS9MMC)
Speer Gold Dot 147gr JHP
Winchester Ranger Talon 147gr JHP (RA9T)

Stuff is way to expensive though.

The bullet used is the same that Barnes uses and it is on the FBIs list of approved rounds (For 9mm at least)

9x19mm:
Barnes XPB 105gr & 115gr JHP (copper bullet)
Federal Tactical Bonded 124gr JHP (LE9T1)
Speer Gold Dot 124gr+P JHP
Winchester Ranger Talon 124gr+P JHP (RA9124TP)
Winchester Partition Gold 124gr JHP (RA91P)
Winchester Ranger Talon 127gr+P+ JHP (RA9TA)
Federal Tactical Bonded 135gr+P JHP (LE9T5)
Federal HST 147gr JHP (P9HST2)
Remington Golden Saber 147gr JHP (GS9MMC)
Speer Gold Dot 147gr JHP
Winchester Ranger Talon 147gr JHP (RA9T)

Stuff is way to expensive though.

well I guess if the FBI approves it must not be bad. but I agree, a little on the pricy side. maybe I should just stick with hydrashoks.

well I guess if the FBI approves it must not be bad. but I agree, a little on the pricy side. maybe I should just stick with hydrashoks.

The Hydrashok bullet is based on older technology and compared to the new rounds on the market tend to expand less and over-penetrate more. Honestly I think whatever you have consistent access to and is reliable in your gun should be your SD ammo...but since you brought up the subject I figured I'd throw in my $.02 on the ones you mentioned. :D

The Hydrashok bullet is based on older technology and compared to the new rounds on the market tend to expand less and over-penetrate more. Honestly I think whatever you have consistent access to and is reliable in your gun should be your SD ammo...but since you brought up the subject I figured I'd throw in my $.02 on the ones you mentioned. :D

and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I carry the 165gr +P Corbons in my .45ACP CombatMaster, the 200gr +P Hornady TAP in my .45ACP Kimber Pro Carry, 124gr +P Golden Sabre in my 9mm Kahr CW-9, 125gr Gold Dot in my .357SIG Glock 32 and 180gr Gold Dot in my .40S&W Sig P229.

For a while I carried my Glock 32 with PMC Starfire 125gr ammo (1350fps muzzle velocity) but then read that it's excessive velocity lead to too much over penetration. Still keep a box or two though.......

Last edited:
Exceptional round

My 185gr Cor-Bon DPX fired from a Rock Island M1911A1 stopped a 240lb individual from relieving my mother of her purse. Two rounds at approx 13-15 feet were fatal. I bet my life and the life of my mother (whom when im home i often walk out of the store she works at during the night) on the DPX and my 45 and they took care of us. What more can i say.

My 185gr Cor-Bon DPX fired from a Rock Island M1911A1 stopped a 240lb individual from relieving my mother of her purse. Two rounds at approx 13-15 feet were fatal. I bet my life and the life of my mother (whom when im home i often walk out of the store she works at during the night) on the DPX and my 45 and they took care of us. What more can i say.

wow. glad to hear that you and your mom are ok.

Thank you sharing that with us. I'm also glad you and your mother came out of it alright. I bet you are both happy you decided to carry and refused to become a victim.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back