Mcrgo

skipjack_1st

Just a heads up for all us Michiganders. If you don't already belong, please check out http://www.mcrgo.org It is 'our' state based grass roots organization for protection and furtherance of our 2A rights.

Have not heard of MCRGO will look it up to see about joining, may have to wait a little, need to do my conservation club soon and the NRA. Thanks for giving us the heads up on the organization.:)

DJ58

Also MI Gun Owners

Another group is the Michigan Gun Owners.
http://www.migunowners.org

This is a group that I think was started as a spin-off during a leadership shake-up at MCRGO.

I am not sure which one actually has more clout with our MI Legislatures, but they both support 2A rights.

-Dave

Last edited:
Yep I was there in they started MCRGO and it was the premier grass roots group, they did a lot of good in the beginning, then a lot of internal politics and strife took place. :eek:
I will not go into a bashing session here but my money is with MGO:D

I was aware of some legal wrangling going on, (sueing for member list's and the like). but I really have no clue as to what is was all about. If anyone knows first hand, I would appreciate an e-mail or pm if you would rather not post here.

I was aware of some legal wrangling going on, (sueing for member list's and the like). but I really have no clue as to what is was all about. If anyone knows first hand, I would appreciate an e-mail or pm if you would rather not post here.

Check your PM

I am a member of both so I don't worry about whether or not the correct organization is getting my support.

Be careful not to make the same mistake as Jim Zumbo, his comments on hunting with an AR hurt all of us.

I am a member of both so I don't worry about whether or not the correct organization is getting my support.

Be careful not to make the same mistake as Jim Zumbo, his comments on hunting with an AR hurt all of us.

I could relate multiple stories but I refused to start a bashing session here and let someone make their own decision based upon their own personal findings.
Any pro gun group you may chose is far better than none at all.

I would recommend Link Removed, Shooters Alliance for Firearm Rights. This group grew out of the strife that went on in MCRGO. It has done numerous good deeds, including pushing for the Castle doctrine laws, and keeping up on what police departments are not following the rules properly with regard to handling firearm "safety inspections."

I don't really want to get into bashing MCRGO, but I will tell you briefly what I know about the lawsuit. It stemmed from one of the members of the board of directors not being allowed the information to do her job. And it only got worse from there. There used to be quite a bit of info on it at Link Removed, but it seems to have disappeared. However, there is also a forum there, and you might find some of the info there, if you're really interested in it.

In the end, I think Zumbo mostly hurt himself.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back