"Why don't you just leave THAT in the car!"

Anthony_I_Am

Went to the movies with the family this weekend. I had to secure my piece in the lockbox in the car for the movie theatre (no carry place in NC). Then afterwards we went to a restaurant, where I took my piece out of the lockbox and put it in my carrylok holster. The wife says "Why don't you leave THAT in the car!"

I thought I had her educated!:mad:

The best chance of winning over anyone else who is adverse to guns and/or carrying them is to get them actively involved
in shooting in the first place. Make it more of a family thing with perhaps a little friendly competition as to who can hit the
can first or break a clay pigeon. If you're working with a novice, then I strongly suggest that you start out with .22s and
not a .357 magnum. Let them get used to the feel of shooting without it being intimidated by a large caliber. Later they
can move up to something else like a .380 or 9mm. This is your best chance of "educating" them and winning them over.

my answer would of been cause i care to much for you and family i always want to be as ready as i can be should somthing happen. it took my gf awhile to get use to the fact i had guns, let alone wanting to carry them even when not "working" she finally came around, but i still think she trips that i carry to the store. oh well..... good luck with the wife, im sure she will come around.

I got my wife's attention after letting her read American Riflemans Armed citizen reports a few times. now she agrees that you never know when and where you will need to be armed. She's starting out with Pepper Spray and then we'll work up to something a little more lethal.

Jason

I got my wife's attention after letting her read American Riflemans Armed citizen reports a few times. now she agrees that you never know when and where you will need to be armed. She's starting out with Pepper Spray and then we'll work up to something a little more lethal.

Jason

Sounds like a picture of my house. Those articles sure did get her attention...I keep reading them to her just so she won't forget:biggrin:

My wife and I were going somewhere the other day, and she obviously didn't see me put my gun on before leaving the house. We got in the car and she said, "Am I the only one packing heat today?" I love her!!

My wife has her own 357 and loves to shoot. When I first got my permit she asked me if I was being anal about carrying all the time. It wasn't until something happened at the Walmart that we always shop at that she finally stopped asking why I was carrying and started asking IF I was carrying.

Hi, I'm new here, but thought I'd add to it. I've had my CHP for about 6 months now, since I relocated from GA to VA. I just had my first wedding Anniversary with my wife. When we met, I did not carry OC or CC. I recently started carrying CC and have been purchasing a few new handguns. A few weeks ago, I took the wife with me shooting. She does not have the hand strength to operate the slide on about any semi-auto, but she loves to shoot my Ruger GP100 with 38 spl loads in it.
She shoots it SA.

A couple months ago I bought her a pretty pink container of pepper spray (breast cancer awareness packaging you know).

Well I decide since she really enjoyed shooting with me, maybe I'll take her to a NRA pistol safety class so she can (if she wants) get her permit. Plus it would help her feel more comfortable with the guns. Took her this past Saturday to the class. She did real well on the 7 yard target test. She put 6 out of 6 in center mass and 6 out of 6 in the head of the target. I was impressed.

Well,..today she went about noon to the grocery store. She gets out of her car and goes in the store. Comes back out and there is a note on her windshield from some nut saying how good she looks and that he is a (vein) pretty cute guy and he would like her to call him and that if she is married he doesn't want to cause any trouble.

He will never get a call, to say the least, but she was spooked by it and watched her 6 while she went to the drug store and then came home. Carried her pepper spray in her hand when she got out of the car.

I thought about calling him myself.

Hi, I'm new here, but thought I'd add to it. I've had my CHP for about 6 months now, since I relocated from GA to VA. I just had my first wedding Anniversary with my wife. When we met, I did not carry OC or CC. I recently started carrying CC and have been purchasing a few new handguns. A few weeks ago, I took the wife with me shooting. She does not have the hand strength to operate the slide on about any semi-auto, but she loves to shoot my Ruger GP100 with 38 spl loads in it.
She shoots it SA.

A couple months ago I bought her a pretty pink container of pepper spray (breast cancer awareness packaging you know).

Well I decide since she really enjoyed shooting with me, maybe I'll take her to a NRA pistol safety class so she can (if she wants) get her permit. Plus it would help her feel more comfortable with the guns. Took her this past Saturday to the class. She did real well on the 7 yard target test. She put 6 out of 6 in center mass and 6 out of 6 in the head of the target. I was impressed.

Well,..today she went about noon to the grocery store. She gets out of her car and goes in the store. Comes back out and there is a note on her windshield from some nut saying how good she looks and that he is a (vein) pretty cute guy and he would like her to call him and that if she is married he doesn't want to cause any trouble.

He will never get a call, to say the least, but she was spooked by it and watched her 6 while she went to the drug store and then came home. Carried her pepper spray in her hand when she got out of the car.

I thought about calling him myself.

Well, I think that was probably the eye opener she needed to show her that she needs to be able to protect herself when you are not there. It sounds like you have done things the right way, not pushing her, but introducing her to handguns, and I would bet she will be applying for her concealed carry permit very soon.

Well, I think that was probably the eye opener she needed to show her that she needs to be able to protect herself when you are not there. It sounds like you have done things the right way, not pushing her, but introducing her to handguns, and I would bet she will be applying for her concealed carry permit very soon.

She dropped it off at the Courthouse this morning. :) They told her 2 or 3 weeks.

My wife has her own 357 and loves to shoot. When I first got my permit she asked me if I was being anal about carrying all the time. It wasn't until something happened at the Walmart that we always shop at that she finally stopped asking why I was carrying and started asking IF I was carrying.

Wal-Marts are becoming a CARRY REQUIRED place lately... Perhaps body armor is in order for shopping there...

Peace...

Someone told me once that training a wife was like training a cat. It aint happening!

It was easier to train my wife. My cats still ain't trained. They still wake me up at least a half-hour before I want to get up.

When I bought my first gun, a shotgun (after someone tried to break into our house while we were home), the wife was against it. She said "That's like admitting the world's a horrible place!"

My wife now owns seven guns and won't leave home without one.
I'm not saying how many guns I own....

MWD

I try to buy my wife jewlery every time i purchase a firearm. That way, everyone is happy.
This is the way to train the cat.

I agree with the comments about walmart. What a sh*t hole. Especially in urban areas. Are people acting more stupid, or is it just me?

I agree with the comments about walmart. What a sh*t hole. Especially in urban areas. Are people acting more stupid, or is it just me?

We like to open carry at the WalMart. People there need training more than our cats.

Link Removed

Debra Jean at WalMart. "Don't mess with an armed woman buying tampons!":

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back