Mag capacity?

Compadre

What is the law as it relates to magazine capacity? I thought we could have not more than a 10 rd. mag, but someone told me that the restriction is gone for us. What's the real story and where can I get that info in writing?:confused:

Thanks for the help.

The law changed with the assualt weapons bill sunset. Florida has no restrictions,some states still have it.

New York High capacity

What is the law as it relates to magazine capacity? I thought we could have not more than a 10 rd. mag, but someone told me that the restriction is gone for us. What's the real story and where can I get that info in writing?:confused:

Thanks for the help.

NYS has it's very own assault weapons and high capacity magazine ban. Mags with a capacity of more than 10 rounds are illegal unless manufactured before Sept 13, 1994. Pre94 magazines are still available at a premium price. See Link Removed
Cheers
Joe

Joe,

Thanks for the information and the link. Do you know if there are any efforts to change these laws in NYS?

-Compadre

Ha ha ha ha ha

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
I wouldn't hold my breath. NY is a very liberal state and getting the AWB overturned here would be next to impossible. Handgun owners in NYS always seem to be on the defensive to hold off further infringements. I carry a H&K USPc in 40S&W. It comes with 10 round mags that are about $10.00 ea online.
If I want to purchase the hi-cap 12 rounder it would be cost x4. I'll stick with the 10s.
As for AR mags. There is a huge supply of pre-ban mags so the cost is not too bad.

Cheers
Joe

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
I wouldn't hold my breath. NY is a very liberal state and getting the AWB overturned here would be next to impossible. Handgun owners in NYS always seem to be on the defensive to hold off further infringements. I carry a H&K USPc in 40S&W. It comes with 10 round mags that are about $10.00 ea online.
If I want to purchase the hi-cap 12 rounder it would be cost x4. I'll stick with the 10s.
As for AR mags. There is a huge supply of pre-ban mags so the cost is not too bad.

Cheers
Joe
Joe, you seem to be pretty knowledgeable on this, so I'm hoping you can answer this question.
I'm in NY state (Erie county).
If I were to purchase, say, a Glock 17, even though I didn't own a Glock 17 until now (long after the NYS AWB), is there any restriction on my buying some pre-ban full-cap mags? In other words, can I use pre-ban mags in a 2008 vintage gun and not run afoul of the law?

Thanks,
Dave

DSchabel: I believe that to be correct. I carry a G26 and my spare mag is a G19 hi-cap. I have asked the same question of others and have been given the green light.

Remember however, I am a nobody. Therefore, any information I provide should not be taken as a reflection of the word of law.

Good luck and good shooting.

-Matt

NY Hi-Cap

Dave
That is correct. you can purchase and use "any" capacity magizine manufactured before Sept, 13, 1994.

Joe

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back