typical wait

svenelvis

Hello,

I am new to this forum and have applied for the concealed permit in Nevada. I was told by the instructor that the typical wait was down to under 30 days. I am already well past that and am wondering if anyone has heard what the typical wait has been recently.

Waiting inpatiently in Vegas,

Mike

I received mine in Las Vegas in 45 days but that was last December.

You can call the CCW office and ask for a status. I called today to see when my permit would get here. I added a Glock 23 to it 2 weeks ago and they said they were mailing it out today.

702-828-3996

One cool thing about Washoe County, here up north, is if you go in with an add on, they process it right there and hand you your new permit! ;)

Hello,

I am new to this forum and have applied for the concealed permit in Nevada. I was told by the instructor that the typical wait was down to under 30 days. I am already well past that and am wondering if anyone has heard what the typical wait has been recently.

Waiting inpatiently in Vegas,

Mike

Most of my students have been averaging 45 days, some in under 30 and occasionally up to about 60 or so. No pattern as to why some come sooner and some come later.

G

Amazing its much quicker!

I've had my permit for over two years and back then, it took 6 months to get your permit! And mine took just over 6 months. This explains the last time I added my XD 45 ACP, I got my new permit in under a week! - Cool

My permit comes up for renewal early part of 2008. When I initially applied, the hard CCW arrived 28 days to the tee at my residence in California. The folks at LV Metro were very friendly and professional. I would touch base with them and inquire. :)

Called the CCW number supplied above and was told that they are still working on July applications, which suggest that the 30 day to 45 day timetable has slipped significantly.:eek:

Called the CCW number supplied above and was told that they are still working on July applications, which suggest that the 30 day to 45 day timetable has slipped significantly.:eek:

Scary! I submitted mine Aug. 17 and am still waiting. :mad:

Just to follow up.....I received my carry permit in the mail this week after a 76 day wait.

Longer than I expected but relieved to finally have it in my wallet.

Stay safe,
Mike

Last edited:
My out-of-state UT permit arrived the other day. That was about a week or two longer than my NV permit. :cool:

I guess they have picked up the pace in UT.

Does anyone know how long the wait is for the Utah permit? I just sent mine off today.

Ever since UT took some steps to speed up the process, it's approximately 45 days for UT residents and 53 days for non-residents.

Before the changes, the process was around 120 days.

Under UT law, UT has up to 60 days to process your application. Time starts when they cash in your payment, not when you send it in.

Still Waiting

I am approaching 60 days. My neighbors got thiers in just over 45 day so Washoe is random.

Update!!! Got my permit today, 59 days. Glad it came before the end of the year. Now I can walk softly and carry a big glock. Like the saying.

Start the clock!

I put in my paperwork on the morning of January 11, 2008. I will post in this thread again when I receive my permit.

Got mine today. Applied Dec.11, so 67 days. They did call me and ask me to bring two of my pistols in to take another look at them, both military surplus.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back