My wife finally did it....

2075RAMI4ME

she took and passed her concealed carry class today! Now all we have to do is pay the sheriff his $100 next week and wait on the background check and she's set. Luckily, our county is pretty quick (mine only took 1 week to be approved) so we shouldn't have to wait too long. Anyone have any great ideas for holsters for the ladies? We've been looking at the Cornered Cat website recently. She was leaning towards an ankle holster, but I let her try one of my cheap Galco clip-on IWB's and she was pretty impressed with how comfortable it was, so she may go that route. By the way, she'll be carrying a Taurus 85 snubby (and she's a pretty good shot with it too...she can outshoot me).

Big congratulations to the Mrs. Remember my advice about the ankle holster. I like my Fobus, but drawing my firearm and trying to return fire while standing on one leg isn't the easiest task. :( Be sure to get a lot of practice (use a blue gun if possible) and be sure that she's comfortable.

Maybe we'll see "Mrs.2075RAMI4ME" posting shortly. ;)

gf

outstanding! And tell your Mrs., "welcome to the club". It would be easier to recommend a holster if we knew her usual mode of dress.

she took and passed her concealed carry class today! Now all we have to do is pay the sheriff his $100 next week and wait on the background check and she's set. Luckily, our county is pretty quick (mine only took 1 week to be approved) so we shouldn't have to wait too long. Anyone have any great ideas for holsters for the ladies? We've been looking at the Cornered Cat website recently. She was leaning towards an ankle holster, but I let her try one of my cheap Galco clip-on IWB's and she was pretty impressed with how comfortable it was, so she may go that route. By the way, she'll be carrying a Taurus 85 snubby (and she's a pretty good shot with it too...she can outshoot me).

Congratulations to the Mrs. let me know how the first run to Wally World goes.

Congratulations to your wife. My wife has a Don Hume iwb holster. It is very nice for the price. She has a Taurus 85 also. However, be careful, as soon as she got it she wanted an auto. So now she also has an XD9 subcompact. She's cutting into my gun money. :D

congratulations to your wife also, tucker IWB are very nice, I have a galco OWB nice also, can she pocket carry it or in purse, then a pocket holster might be best.:)

Congrats! Must be nice! My wife is not interested at all...as for the ankle holster, seems to me that it would be really hard to run away if you had to with one strapped on...any thoughts on that?

First make sure she is wearing long pants. My wife has a coranodo purse and a drawer full of holsters for all her clothing needs.

CONGRATS to the MRS. we need more women in our ranks. My wife is great about guns. She feels naked if i'm not carrying.

Thanks, all. I'll pass along the congrats. As far as the usual dress...she mostly wears jeans and a semi-snug fitting shirt (long sleeve T's in the winter and short sleeve in the summer). She does wear the occasional button up shirt and jeans and a button up shirt or sweater and skirt for work (1 or 2 evenings a week). Most of her stuff is somewhat snug fitting (but not the 3 sizes too small snug fit), but I was surprised that even in a pair of her tighter jeans, she had enough room about 4:30 or 5:00 for a cheap Galco IWB with her Taurus. She has been looking at some of the purses, but we have 2 little RAMI's (ages 1 and 3) and we still end up carrying a diaper bag most places we go, so an extra bag might be a little much. Anyway, I appreciate the comments. I guess that's part of the "fun" of concealed carry...trying out all the different holsters until you find just the perfect one ;).

Congrats to your wife! Don't know that I have much more information than has already been said. I can carry IWB depending on the shirt I choose to wear that day. Also have the purse w/holster which can almost always be with me. Haven't tried an ankle holster, but would like to. Carrying on waist can be troublesome/uncomfortable with little ones needing held a lot. She will probably end up with a few different holsters depending on the mode of dress and occasion. Another thought I've had for myself before but not done anything with that might work with the diaper bag--Somewhere I saw a holster that you could attach to your car dash with included super strength velcro. Something like that may be able to be attached to the inside of a diaper bag pocket as well (might take a needle and thread to do it). Just a thought. The main thing is to find something that works so she's comfortable carrying and doesn't opt to just leave the gun home because she can't figure out how to take it with her. Good luck :)

I can see that you are PROUD of your wife's accomplishment.
I, and another member are getting ready to launch a new thread:
"Why we carry...Protection of Family and Self"

If you are still active on the forums, we would love to have you check it out...

~John

good for her, My wife got her concealed carry last summer. I tried to talk her into buying a pistol for her B-day or x-mas this last season. She chose Pandora jewelery instead. I think she really got it in case god forbid something happens to me, then she will have a nice collection. They are smarter than us, you know that dont you.

Typical woman!

First make sure she is wearing long pants. My wife has a coranodo purse and a drawer full of holsters for all her clothing needs.

Typical woman. They have to have their accessories. At least she carries so the cost is worth it!:biggrin:

Congratulations to your wife. Sounds like she'll be right at home with a gun on her hip. High Noon makes some really nice IWB holsters.

Big congratulations to the Mrs. Remember my advice about the ankle holster. I like my Fobus, but drawing my firearm and trying to return fire while standing on one leg isn't the easiest task. :( Be sure to get a lot of practice (use a blue gun if possible) and be sure that she's comfortable.

Maybe we'll see "Mrs.2075RAMI4ME" posting shortly. ;)

gf

I agree 200%, though when i started talking to my misses about concealed carry she looked up this video and it says a lot about what needs to be taken into consideration.

YouTube - Concealed Carry Holsters & Outfits for Women

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back