Wisconsin Carry

warshard

warshard
I recently received an e-mail from a young coujple concerning terrorism from within. I wanted to remind them of their responsibility of protecting their family when such an attack occurs and attmepted to send them a link to Wisconsin's CCW laws, only to find out that WI is a non-issue state. This prompted me to suggest that all the like-minded people to whom the e-mail was sent to press the state legislature for a viable CCW permit law. Do any of you participating in this forum have additional suggestions for citizens of states denying CCW priviledges I enjoy here in NC and recognized in the majority of other states.

Regards to all from this my first post--
Warshard

Wisconsin resident here.

Feel free to encourage our lilly livered, chicken do-do, elected servants to do their duty and stand by the Constitution.

At this time, Governor Doyle, in his last term, has vetoed CCW twice now. His reign is over here but there is a lot of work overcoming the welfare state attitude of major metro areas like Madison and Milwaukee.

At this time, Actually since 1995, open carry has been legal here in Wisconsin. Personally, I open carry every day. I wear a sidearm in the house, around the house and in public.

At first there was resistance to open carry by LEOs in the state. That has since been clarified by the Attorney General and the Governor whom both agreed that it was a legal way to carry and that LEOsmay not harass OCers just because. They now need probable cause to even stop and speak with you.

I have had conversations with LEOs while open carrying and have had others ( heard it through the grape vine) in plain clothes take notice of me. I have 100% positive reaction to my open carry and expect support for it to only spread.

Wisconsin resident here.

Feel free to encourage our lilly livered, chicken do-do, elected servants to do their duty and stand by the Constitution.

At this time, Governor Doyle, in his last term, has vetoed CCW twice now. His reign is over here but there is a lot of work overcoming the welfare state attitude of major metro areas like Madison and Milwaukee.

At this time, Actually since 1995, open carry has been legal here in Wisconsin. Personally, I open carry every day. I wear a sidearm in the house, around the house and in public.

At first there was resistance to open carry by LEOs in the state. That has since been clarified by the Attorney General and the Governor whom both agreed that it was a legal way to carry and that LEOsmay not harass OCers just because. They now need probable cause to even stop and speak with you.

I have had conversations with LEOs while open carrying and have had others ( heard it through the grape vine) in plain clothes take notice of me. I have 100% positive reaction to my open carry and expect support for it to only spread.

I do not live in Wisconsin but we go there in Oshkosh each year for the fly-in. Are non-residents allowed to carry? open carry too, like residents do? Is this a stupid question? My husband and I will be congregating with the airplane people and therefore LEOs there will know we are not from there.

I do not live in Wisconsin but we go there in Oshkosh each year for the fly-in. Are non-residents allowed to carry? open carry too, like residents do? Is this a stupid question? My husband and I will be congregating with the airplane people and therefore LEOs there will know we are not from there.

I believe it is just fine for you to open carry here but I will look up the regs and find out for sure.

Back in a while.

I guess open carry is better than nothing, but if one is in public carrying open and the firearm is needed, the individual carring open historically is the first one to have a slug thrown his way--in addition, WI law precludes an individual from transporting in an automobile to any function where open carry would be otherwise be allowed--unless, the person carrying rode his bicycle or walked--which could open up other difficulties from law enforcement--

For Tucker's Mom: even if you are allowed the same open carry priviledges as WI citizens, you would still have to transport the sidearm to the site of the fly-in which would be illeagle, under WI law, in a closed in vehicle.

The WI law does not make sense when it is leagle for residents to ride cycles without wearing brain buckets--which I think is still the law. It appears to this writer that some lobbying dollars need to be spent to break the stalemate.

Warshard

I guess open carry is better than nothing, but if one is in public carrying open and the firearm is needed, the individual carring open historically is the first one to have a slug thrown his way--in addition, WI law precludes an individual from transporting in an automobile to any function where open carry would be otherwise be allowed--unless, the person carrying rode his bicycle or walked--which could open up other difficulties from law enforcement--

For Tucker's Mom: even if you are allowed the same open carry priviledges as WI citizens, you would still have to transport the sidearm to the site of the fly-in which would be illeagle, under WI law, in a closed in vehicle.

The WI law does not make sense when it is leagle for residents to ride cycles without wearing brain buckets--which I think is still the law. It appears to this writer that some lobbying dollars need to be spent to break the stalemate.

Warshard
Thank you Warshard for the info. From what I understand now, unless otherwise we walk to the EAA Oshkosh Fly-in event, we cannot bring our handguns because whether we use a car or go there in our plane, both are enclosed vehicles. Unless we walk from MO to WI...which is...a little bit...to far to walk. Well! the aborigines walked everywhere but that was during the stone age and we are not aborigines nor are we Indians...

Goodbye Wisconsin...!!! if we are not allowed to carry there, then I would advise all our members who are carrying not to attend the event. In this type of atmosphere we are in now, they will need every cent they can make to make this event as eventful as the past few decades we have been going there. It's a shame. Oshkosh has always been the best and the biggest fly-in in the world when it comes to home-builts. My husband raced his first Swift at Oshkosh...

Warshard

Carry in a vehicle is allowed as long as it is in a locked gun case. The mag, ammo and gun may all reside in said case as long as no round is chambered. The case must then be put out of reach. That may mean in the back of an SUV or mini van or in the trunk. In my case it means behind my seat in my pickup truck.

I can not find anything that specifically speaks to an out of state person carrying in-state and the law does not mention that you must be a resident. It just speaks to the open carry. I would think you could but I am not an attorney so to be sure I would check with either an attorney or with the state. The governor's office specifically. If they cannot answer your query, they will point you to someone who can.

Tucker's I would leave your shootin irons in your luggage. You must be aware of the work the EAA, and AOPA is trying to do regarding airport security?

Open carry around thousands of tied down, and operating aircraft? This would attract attention, that you don't want.

The same elected officals who are trying to ban guns are trying to remove all general avaition airports. Remember what mayor daley II did to meigs field?

Tucker's I would leave your shootin irons in your luggage. You must be aware of the work the EAA, and AOPA is trying to do regarding airport security?

Open carry around thousands of tied down, and operating aircraft? This would attract attention, that you don't want.

The same elected officals who are trying to ban guns are trying to remove all general avaition airports. Remember what mayor daley II did to meigs field?
And..conceal/carry is not allowed, right? (I just want to cover all bases here...if we cannot carry, then this will be the first time in years we will not be going...it is sad, but it has to be.) Just like stores that do not allow cc, we chose to decide with our wallets...Sorry, Wisconsinians...you will not need us airplane people...

And..conceal/carry is not allowed, right? (I just want to cover all bases here...if we cannot carry, then this will be the first time in years we will not be going...it is sad, but it has to be.) Just like stores that do not allow cc, we chose to decide with our wallets...Sorry, Wisconsinians...you will not need us airplane people...

Let me get this straight. You would give up the best fly in, and air show in the world because you shouldn't open carry on an airfield?:hang3:

Let me get this straight. You would give up the best fly in, and air show in the world because you shouldn't open carry on an airfield?:hang3:
What can I say? -- YES!! Last year...the exhibition did not have much in the way of "exhibition" anyway...people are hurting nowadays, not to say companies. Some are really getting desperate because of what is happening to us here in the US. And there will always be some stupids over there somehow. In toto, I refuse for me and family to be a victim. Bad events do not make an appointment.

You may rent or buy a motorcycle to go to the fly-in; it's rather ironic that a state that is the producer of the most popular american made motorcycle allows open carry in a vehicle, even explucing a person aircraft, O N L Y if transported by an open vehicle, ie. motorcycle. Could it be that the lobyists who work within WI and the states that border WI and are also open carry only states (at the most--check CCW state maps) provide for legal open carry for open vehicles only because they respond only to the Harley-Davidson market and not to all citizens.
Warshard

Does open carry in Wisconsin apply to non residents too?
I AM a non-resident that was why I asked. And NO we are not going this year because we go there via our small plane or my SUV. What washard is trying to say is that we go outside of the venue and buy and/or rent a motorcycle to go over to to Oshkosh. And why should we do that??? How do we go to Wisconsin, buy a motorcycle when I have a very good SUV with all the quirks that I want in it. Just so we can go to Oshkosh...??? They do not need our money over there...we'll spend it somewhere else. If we cannot protect ourselves, just in case, why insists on going there??? No point. :wacko: The Wisconsinians can have Oshkosh for all we care...and guess what, we are going to tell our friends not to go there too. Maybe when they change their laws we will again.

Does anyone remember the shooting of five deer hunters in Wisconsin a few years back? The resident alien shooter claimed he was insulted, and called racist names. He took off his orange outer garment, and ambushed the unarmed hunters one by one as they walked out of their hunting cabin. He used a SKS rifle. He is now the guest of Wisconsin tax payers for the rest of his life. No death penalty in Wisconsin.

Because of this tragedy. When I am in the woods, or deer camp. I carry a concealed pistol. While in deer camp, my rifle is usually unloaded and put away.

Although, next door, I usually avoid Wisconsin.

Does anyone remember the shooting of five deer hunters in Wisconsin a few years back? The resident alien shooter claimed he was insulted, and called racist names. He took off his orange outer garment, and ambushed the unarmed hunters one by one as they walked out of their hunting cabin. He used a SKS rifle. He is now the guest of Wisconsin tax payers for the rest of his life. No death penalty in Wisconsin.

Because of this tragedy. When I am in the woods, or deer camp. I carry a concealed pistol. While in deer camp, my rifle is usually unloaded and put away.

Although, next door, I usually avoid Wisconsin.

Yes Sir I remember that well. Without looking, It was '04. But still, I may change my ammo to ball, fmj for the coyotes, but still carry. Especially during bow season.

But havng to work in Wisconsin,driving thru Chicagoland, It was not worth taking my sidearm there. I maybe in Wi for 3 weeks then a week end home. Just was not worth losing the things for.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back