Athletes with Guns

Ektarr

Dedicated Infidel
Link Removed

"Some people ask why a man who stands 6-foot-4, weighs 215 pounds and doesn't have an ounce of fat on him needs to carry a gun."

Interesting that Karl Malone feels you should modify your lifestyle to accommodate the Bad Guys rather than take possession of your Freedom to live as you please:

"...former Utah Jazz star Karl Malone told Sports Illustrated that players should just learn not be out late at night at parties:

'Three a.m.? My goodness gracious, what were you doing out at 3 o'clock in the morning? Who were you with? Where were you at?' Malone said
."

Link Removed

Interesting that Karl Malone feels you should modify your lifestyle to accommodate the Bad Guys rather than take possession of your Freedom to live as you please:

True enough, Ektarr. But how does that square with being situationally aware and/or being in places where sh#t has a greater chance of happening?

I know plenty of biker bars which can get pretty lively after alcohol has had time to work its magic. Should I go there (while carrying) because it's my right to go where I want or is it best to just avoid places like these?

Proper prudence is one thing...modifying your lifestyle to the point of not going out at night is another. I'm not particularly afraid of snakes, but I wouldn't jump into a viper pit. I will, however, not hesitate to walk in the woods.

I've alway's thought that if you where at an ATM machine at 0300 in the morning your probably about to do something that you shouldn't do and know better. I did executed that kind of stupity and immaturity when I was young, but certainly not at this age.

I think the article reeks of ignorance and myth based on one persons lifestyle or a small group of persons that coninually find themselves in trouble in the wee morning hours after having been playing like children at clubs.

If you still go to clubs and your over the age of 30 your still a child in adult clothes.

YMMV

I think the article reeks of ignorance and myth based on one persons lifestyle or a small group of persons that coninually find themselves in trouble in the wee morning hours after having been playing like children at clubs.

Did we read the same article? It sounded like most of the incidents mentioned in this story involved home invasions.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back