Favorite firearm related quotes.

We voting yet? Although there were many good ones so far, this one, IMHO, is currently the best. I would pay serious money to send this message to the Muslim-in-Chief as Ga9mm leads MILLIONS of gun-toting Patriots to D.C.!! (Hey, he posted it, he can lead the procession.) :biggrin:

I'm ready!!! What date is good for everybody?

Another Wyatt Earp quote: When asked how he won a gun fight or how he would win against someone who was very fast on the draw. He said the other guy would be in such a hurry to shoot, that he would try to draw and shoot too fast and the shot would hit the dirt in front of you or go over your head. Earp said he always took a quick aim using the sights. The quote he used to describe this method was "When you draw and shoot, Hurry Up and Take Your Time".

‘‘Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined’’
— Patrick Henry

‘‘The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.’’
— Patrick Henry

‘‘The right of self-defense is the first law of nature; in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest possible limits. ... and [when] the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any color or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction.’’
— St. George Tucker, Judge of the Virginia Supreme Court 1803

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

Admiral Yamamoto: "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

"God made man, Sam Colt made them equal" ~unknown

"False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

-Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria in "On Crimes and Punishment" (1764).

We don't carry guns so we can go to dangerous places, we carry a gun because danger too often comes to our safe places.

James Macklin
Dec. 31, 2009

I wrote an email this morning and that line just came to me. I sent this letter to two reporters who almost reported on a road rage incident where a gun appeared to have stopped the assault.
The top thread links are to another forum.

Link Removed

Link Removed

There is lot of interest in facts about this incident. Unfortunately the media seems to have been interested in only parts of the story.

ROAD RAGE and GUN.

After careful reading, it appears that the gun was used legally and the man with the gun must not have drawn the gun until he was being beaten. These just seem to make sense, why else would the man who was doing the beating have done so had he known the other man had a gun?

FACTS that have not been reported. Did the man with the gun have a Kansas or other valid concealed carry license? 5,000 Sedgwick County residents want to know.
It is not required by law to have a license to have a gun in your vehicle [ref KSA 21-4201 and Wichita 5.88.010] but it is very nice to have the license [KSA 75.7c] since many of the city ordinances do not apply to licensed individuals. [www.ksag.org] and 5.88.010.

Knowing that I am armed serves as a restrain on my actions while driving. Although the reported story does not say whether the "man with the gun" had a CCHL, I suspect he didn't. The news media would have jumped all over the story, to propagandize the lawful carrying of concealed weapons had he been licensed. The act of getting a license tends to weed out the rash as well as the prohibited people who can't get a license. [non-citizens, under-age, drunks and drug addicts, criminal records, etc] It does seem that the story was told with great effort to not be clear about what happened. Either that or journalism schools need to also teach English grammar and construction.

This week there were other cases of actual shootings, non of which seemed to have involved a person licensed under KSA 75.7c. But those events explain why many citizens spend the time and money to get the training and the license. We don't carry guns so we can go to dangerous places, we carry a gun because danger too often comes to our safe places.

The people think the Constitution protects their rights:
Government sees an obstacle to be over-come.

Cc Patricia Stoneking, KSRA President

guy with gun NOT arrested

Link Removed
"Police arrest driver in "road rage" incident

Wichita police have arrested one of the two drivers involved in a road rage incident on the city's east side. Police captain Hassan Ramzah said the Monday incident involved two vehicles on Highway 54 near the Sedgwick-Butler County line, and the drivers got out and got into a scuffle at Kellogg and Greenwich Road.
A Sedgwick County sheriff's detective witnessed the incident, and he got out of his car to break up the fight.
Ramzah said one driver had a gun, but no shots were fired and no one was threatened with the gun. That driver had minor injuries from the scuffle, and the other driver was arrested. Charges are expected to be filed in municipal court.

George Lawson"

Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 10:35 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: road rage facts wanted

The questions that were not asked or answered
Link Removed

" Man pulls gun in suspected road rage

BY TIM POTTER

The Wichita Eagle

An apparent road rage incident ended Monday after two motorists — one armed — got into a physical confrontation at a busy intersection and a sheriff's detective held them at gunpoint, a police official said.
The incident was reported at about 11:30 a.m., when the two pickups involved stopped on westbound Kellogg at Greenwich, said Wichita police Capt. Hassan Ramzah.
One of the two drivers suffered possible minor injuries, Ramzah said. No shots were fired. [which driver?]
According to witnesses, the incident began a few miles east of the intersection, near Andover. At least one of the vehicles was cutting the other off, witnesses said. [Which driver?]
Ramzah gave this account: After the vehicles stopped just east of the intersection, both drivers got out, and a physical confrontation occurred between the two men. One had a gun in his hand. [why did they stop? Was there an accident? When did the man draw his gun?]
Witnesses reported the incident to 911.
An on-duty Sedgwick County sheriff's detective, also driving west on Kellogg, saw the confrontation and the gun in the one motorist's hand and held the two drivers at gunpoint until Wichita police officers arrived.
Police were questioning both motorists, Ramzah said.
The incident temporarily blocked one of the westbound lanes.
Reach Tim Potter at 316-268-6684 or [email protected]

Read more: Link Removed "

Which man was injured? Did drawing the gun stop the fight? Who did what in the vehicles? Why did they stop on the road? Was there a collision that required the drivers to stop?

Logically it seems that the man with the gun was being injured and did not start the fight. He was injured and drew the gun, which was not fired, to stop the attack, which it seems is what happened.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a FREE state, the right of the PEOPLE to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS shall not be infringed.
I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

... a concerned citizen, upon noticing the big 1911, hammer cocked holstered on Texas Ranger Charlie Miller's belt, asked, "Isn't that dangerous?"

Ranger Miller replied, "I wouldn't carry the son-of-a-bitch if it wasn't dangerous!"

Favorite quote: from what's his name, standing at some sort of podium, speaking to an audience composed of rebellious people in some sort of a fringe gun-rights activists organization, "From my (what?)" :lol:

We don't carry guns so we can go to dangerous places, we carry a gun because danger too often comes to our safe places.

James Macklin
Dec. 31, 2009

Police and GI Joe have to go to dangerous places, the rest of us just want to be able to protect ourselves.

BTW, Anybody who wants to use quote is free to do so.
Jim

Not a quote as such, just a conversation pattern I've had many times:

Anti: "Guns are designed for one thing: to KILL people."

Me: "And a good thing too. Some people need killing. I'd hate to be faced with some murderous scumbag and be armed only with something designed to exfoliate."

From the TV show Firefly, the character Mal imparts a timeless piece of advice: "Anyone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back."

Also, not strictly gun related but, when I moved into my place my flatmate's father was helping her move in. He came into my room and saw that I had a sword on a stand. "What's that for?" he asked. I looked at him like he was an idiot for a moment then said "Er, for cutting people?"

Ask a stupid question...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back