Arizona CCW License

Wait Time for AZ Permit

There is no wait time to obtain an AZ CCW permit.
The Gun Guy
Link Removed

I have question What is AZ's law for how many the limit rounds in magazine? I know California has the law limited 10 rounds in magazine.
These are the only States that have a magazine (or ammunition feeding device) capacity restriction;

• 10 rounds; CA, MA (unless you possess a class A or B LTC for shotgun or rifle magazines, class A for handgun magazines), NY, NJ and HI
  • 15 rounds; NJ
  • 20 rounds; MD
All other States it defers to federal law.

These are the only States that have a magazine (or ammunition feeding device) capacity restriction;

• 10 rounds; CA, MA (unless you possess a class A or B LTC for shotgun or rifle magazines, class A for handgun magazines), NY, NJ and HI
  • 15 rounds; NJ
  • 20 rounds; MD
All other States it defers to federal law.

Thanks for the information

There is no wait time to obtain an AZ CCW permit.
The Gun Guy
Link Removed

I wanted to thanks to my Chief instructor from Six O'Clock High that I took his ccw training class. He is a great and excellent Chief instructor.

Thank you! :biggrin:

AZ non-resident permits

I'm thinging of getting NR permits. In reading from other board and try to fine it in the State requirement. Can I submitt my Army dicharge DD-214, to subsitute for the 8 hrs trainging Course? Where can I fine this in the regs.

Thanks

Robert

I'm thinging of getting NR permits. In reading from other board and try to fine it in the State requirement. Can I submitt my Army dicharge DD-214, to subsitute for the 8 hrs trainging Course? Where can I fine this in the regs.

Thanks

Robert

AZ 13-3112...scroll on down to N6...or depending on what permits you already have you could just send a copy of one of those...see #7

N. An applicant shall demonstrate competence with a firearm through any of the following:

1. Completion of any firearms training program that is approved by the department of public safety and that is conducted by instructors who are authorized by the department of public safety or who possess current national rifle association instructor certifications in pistol and personal protection and who submit to a background investigation, including a check for warrants and a criminal history records check.

2. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class that is available to the general public, that is offered by a law enforcement agency, a junior college, a college or a private or public institution, academy, organization or firearms training school and that is approved by the department of public safety.

3. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Arizona game and fish department or a similar agency of another state.

4. Completion of any national rifle association firearms safety or training course.

5. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class that is offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies or other divisions or subdivisions of law enforcement or security enforcement and that is approved by the department of public safety.

6. Evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States armed forces.

7. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.

8. Completion of any governmental police agency firearms training course and qualification to carry a firearm in the course of normal police duties.

9. Completion of any other firearms training that the department of public safety deems acceptable.

CCW class

Robert,
I would strongly urge you to attend either a CCW course or a Constitutional Carry course (CCW without range or paperwork) so that you are very familar with the law in Arizona. The CCW never was intended to train anyone on weapon use but as a starting point for your legal education.
Thanks,
The Gun Guy

I have recieved the application in the mail, But it does not say anything about passport Type pictures, How many. If they have to be signed on the front or back. I looked a the state site. Obtain a New Concealed Weapons Permit - Arizona Department of Public Safety

But it does not say anything about a picture. Does AZ required a picture on the permit?

To the Gun Guy
I agree that you need to educate yourself on AZ CCW Law. I will reard the law, plu when I make my trip this summer I plan on taking a course.

Robert

DPS defines resident

DPS defines resident to mean any of the following:
(1) A person who has lived in Arizona for six months immediately before the date of application for a concealed weapon permit, or
(2) A person who remains in Arizona for a total of six months or more during each
calendar year, or
(3) A member of the armed forces who has been stationed in Arizona for the 30
days immediately before the date of application for a concealed weapon permit.
NOTE: Effective on or about August 20, 1998, the requirement for Arizona residency
was changed to Arizona residency OR U.S. Citizenship. (H.B. 2041, signed 5-20-98,
effective date 8-20-98).

AZ Non-Resident?

Ok, I have looked everywhere on the AZ CWP site and can find nothing about a "Non-Resident Permit". I see where you have to contact their CWP unit for an application package. Does it come in that package? I could not find where to download the form.

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Please advise.

Ok, I have looked everywhere on the AZ CWP site and can find nothing about a "Non-Resident Permit". I see where you have to contact their CWP unit for an application package. Does it come in that package? I could not find where to download the form.

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Please advise.

Request that they send you an app packet. You'll received an application and fingerprint cards and a return envelope. Fill out the app, get printed, get $60 money order, get another envelope to mail it all back in. The return envelope they provide is exactly big enough for print cards...to send app in there you'd have to do some crazy folding...which apparently is fine as someone else did that...but I got a bigger envelope.

There is no resident/non-resident permit per say. They don't even put your address on it. But no pic either...

Request that they send you an app packet. You'll received an application and fingerprint cards and a return envelope. Fill out the app, get printed, get $60 money order, get another envelope to mail it all back in. The return envelope they provide is exactly big enough for print cards...to send app in there you'd have to do some crazy folding...which apparently is fine as someone else did that...but I got a bigger envelope.

There is no resident/non-resident permit per say. They don't even put your address on it. But no pic either...

I just folded the app in half and then in half again. You also need to include a color copy of the front and back of your current state concealed carry license. I added a copy of my drivers license too. Not needed, but hey, they had a copy of my CHL and my fingerprints already. Took about 12 days.

I just folded the app in half and then in half again. You also need to include a color copy of the front and back of your current state concealed carry license. I added a copy of my drivers license too. Not needed, but hey, they had a copy of my CHL and my fingerprints already. Took about 12 days.

While you can use your home state carry license as your proof of training...a home state license is not required.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back