SC Road Check

foots402

Do you need to show your driver license & gun permit when going through a road check or being pulled over by police if you are the passenger when carring concealed?

Do you need to show your driver license & gun permit when going through a road check or being pulled over by police if you are the passenger when carring concealed?

Depends on state law. If they ask for your ID I would hand it over as well...if you're in a vehicle thats been pulled over as a passenger I'd advise the driver to say the following:

"Officer, my friend here is a concealed permit holder, and is currently carrying a handgun, I wanted to let you know out of respect"

The reason I say have you friend say it- is the officer will probably want to interact with the offender (assuming your friend/driver is in violation of traffic/registration)

I'm going to quote a section from page 46 of the "South Carolina Gun Law" book by the authors: Shaw, Kelley, and Moore:

"If you are carrying a concealable weapon, concealed, under the CWP statute, you are only required to inform the officer that you have a a CWP if the officer asks you for your identification."

I'm going to quote a section from page 46 of the "South Carolina Gun Law" book by the authors: Shaw, Kelley, and Moore:

"If you are carrying a concealable weapon, concealed, under the CWP statute, you are only required to inform the officer that you have a a CWP if the officer asks you for your identification."

Excellent book. I agree:laugh:, that's what the book says.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back