Has anyone here ever drawn their weapon?

kingofthedemo

What's the closest that you have ever been to drawing your weapon? Has anyone here ever been in a situation where they had to draw, or at least almost had to? Please share your stories and experiances.

My wife and I left a restaurant near our house. It was dark and a large dog came barking and running at us. This just happened after a Rottweiler attack several days prior. I drew my weapon, instinctively, but the owner (we couldn't see him) called the dog back. There was 1 other time when we were living in Phoenix, that my son heard some noise outside his bedroom window. There was a grass area about 10 feet wide between houses. I went out the front door and around the side to find my neighbor-who had forgotten his key trying to get in the back gate.

Thank God No! Closest I've gotten was pulling into a parking lot with my wife when some AH ran the stopsign and almost hit my front end. I blew my horn to let him know I was there then moved on. I guess that pissed him off even though it was totally his bad when I pulled the car into a space, he had circled around and parked his truck behind my car blocking me in.

I told my wife, just stay in the car for now and let him make whatever move he wants, but if he gets out of the car and comes toward us, this situation could get nasty. I had my hand on my weapon and just waited out the situation.

Happily, I guess he was waiting for me to jump out and agrevate the situation so after a minute or so he just pulled off without ever getting out.

And hell yeah, I wanted to get out and confront him but I was very pleased that the circumstance had defused without action and realized that my self defense training had taught me that it is better to seem the wimp and wait it out than to be the macho dude and push the situation to the brink!

I have found that I am more tolerant to the Pseudo wanna be bad asses when I am carrying as opossed to when I am not. Therefore I always caryy!:biggrin:

Thank God No! Closest I've gotten was pulling into a parking lot with my wife when some AH ran the stopsign and almost hit my front end. I blew my horn to let him know I was there then moved on. I guess that pissed him off even though it was totally his bad when I pulled the car into a space, he had circled around and parked his truck behind my car blocking me in.

I told my wife, just stay in the car for now and let him make whatever move he wants, but if he gets out of the car and comes toward us, this situation could get nasty. I had my hand on my weapon and just waited out the situation.

Happily, I guess he was waiting for me to jump out and agrevate the situation so after a minute or so he just pulled off without ever getting out.

And hell yeah, I wanted to get out and confront him but I was very pleased that the circumstance had defused without action and realized that my self defense training had taught me that it is better to seem the wimp and wait it out than to be the macho dude and push the situation to the brink!

You made the right decision. I had a similar thing happen once with someone blocking me in, I was only about 16 at the time and a group of Hispanics blocked my car and started trying to provoke me and my friend yelling and cursing at us, I'm not even sure why. I got out of my car and told them to follow me so that we could settle this ,man to man( I knew their were often police parked in the mall parking lot) so I drove up to the police car, the situation was quickly resolved.

I posted this scenario on another thread, so I'll skip some of the details. Two men pulled their truck in front of me on the highway, began slowing down, and blocked me when I would try to pass. It was obvious they were trying to force me to stop. The one on the passenger side kept looking back at me, and then turning to talk to the driver.

At the time I had a Taurus model 66 .357 in the glove compartment. I reached over and got it out and laid on the seat. When i looked back up, the one on the passenger side had pulled hs head back in and was talking and gesturing to the driver, and they quickly sped up, pulled away, and exited at the next exit. I wasn't sure what prompted all of that until I realized that when I pulled the gun out of the glove compartment, I inadvertantly raised it above the dash making it visible through the windsheild.

I never knew exacly what their intentions were, but it was obvious that the sight of the gun quodkly altered their plans.

No, not in the last couple years, but 3 years ago on a cloudy, crisp November morning, I pulled that 6 shooter out of my uncle mike's holster and thumbed the hammer back to fire on single action. I squeezed the trigger and was sure I had that 6 point dead to rights. That darn deer jumped and ran about 30 yards and looked back as to say "You missed chump..." Well the brother in law came up acouple minutes later thinking back straps for lunch because he knows the sound of that Ruger of mine. The B-I-L started to walk out from where I was sitting to check a round, but instead started to laugh and yelled "Nice shooting there Annie Oakley!" Annie Oakley? What do ya mean - Annie Oakley? The B-I-L held up a 1 inch poplar and Asked If I liked it with onions and butter... Not a pleasant experience...

I posted this scenario on another thread, so I'll skip some of the details. Two men pulled their truck in front of me on the highway, began slowing down, and blocked me when I would try to pass. It was obvious they were trying to force me to stop. The one on the passenger side kept looking back at me, and then turning to talk to the driver.

At the time I had a Taurus model 66 .357 in the glove compartment. I reached over and got it out and laid on the seat. When i looked back up, the one on the passenger side had pulled hs head back in and was talking and gesturing to the driver, and they quickly sped up, pulled away, and exited at the next exit. I wasn't sure what prompted all of that until I realized that when I pulled the gun out of the glove compartment, I inadvertantly raised it above the dash making it visible through the windsheild.

I never knew exacly what their intentions were, but it was obvious that the sight of the gun quodkly altered their plans.

Awesome! That's a great story!

I've been close twice. Both on my property. My dogs eyeballed three perps one night late and let me in on the party. I let Mickey circle behind while I went to go talk to them. They were up on a house boat stored on the property and when I got a good look at them, it was two middle aged rangy lookin' characters. I ordered them down from the boat with a spot light on them and they complied. The offered the lame explanation of how they were just just showin' the obviously underaged gal with them, what it was like to be on a big river boat. Whatever.

One of them was eyeballin' my .45 which was still holstered. The other started to get a little uppity so I asked mickey to explain things for me. Mickey is a Wolf/Shepard mix and weighs in at around 135. When he bears his teeth and growls, I pay attention so you can imagine their reaction.

I just left my hand on the hilt of my .45 and never did have to draw it.

I held them till the sheriff arrived. The End.

Second time it was about 3 in the morning. A Scraggily lookin' goblin had crawled up on my deck and knocked on the door. He allowed that he was lost and could he use my phone.
I live in an area that is two miles wide and ten miles long. Nearly impossible to get lost unless you are very drunk. He was not.

As I handed him the phone I noticed another goblin bent on no good scampering around the back of the house. I could hear my wife racking the slide on her colt and I had my hand on mine. Shocker here, he could not raise anyone on the phone and so decided to leave by the stairs. A moment later he came back up the stairs and with a sneer on his face remarked that he would leave the way he came and thusly climbed over the deck railing and down the side of my deck, nearly 15 feet.

Again, I did not have to draw my firearm. The barking dogs and my wife racking the slide on her Colt Commander made all the difference in the world. Funny how a little noise can change a person's mind.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
- Jeff Cooper

Link Removed

iamtheuglyamerican

I own a road service which takes me to places good and bad at all hours of the day and night (truckers never stop). Shot a man who drug me out from under a truck at 2 AM. Actually before we had concealed carry in Arkansas. He shot at me standing over me and missed. Jackass held his gun sideways gangstyle. I shot him in the neck severing his spinal cord. Died on the spot. Suckiest night of my life, but at least I wasn't charged with anything (we had journey law). I agree with the man who said avoid it at all cost.

I own a road service which takes me to places good and bad at all hours of the day and night (truckers never stop). Shot a man who drug me out from under a truck at 2 AM. Actually before we had concealed carry in Arkansas. He shot at me standing over me and missed. Jackass held his gun sideways gangstyle. I shot him in the neck severing his spinal cord. Died on the spot. Suckiest night of my life, but at least I wasn't charged with anything (we had journey law). I agree with the man who said avoid it at all cost.

Well, I'm sorry to hear that, that happened. Unfortunately, we live in a world where things like this happen everday, and if you had not had your firearm you very well may have been shot and killed, it sounds like you did what you had to do to survive, and that is your right.

Sorry to hear that you had to take a life.

I chuckled a bit a part of your story remembering about a week ago when I went to the range and at the station next to me on the line were two "dudes" with shirts to their knees, pants that started just above that and hats on at 45 degree "gang" style shooting some cheap looking semi-auto (I could not figure what brand) looked like .32 auto holding it "gangsta" and missing the target most of the time.

However, I was impressed that they were paying for range time to play rather than just shooting up the street somewhere...

Good gangstas? Their mama won't let them gangbang?

Sorry to hear that you had to take a life.

I chuckled a bit a part of your story remembering about a week ago when I went to the range and at the station next to me on the line were two "dudes" with shirts to their knees, pants that started just above that and hats on at 45 degree "gang" style shooting some cheap looking semi-auto (I could not figure what brand) looked like .32 auto holding it "gangsta" and missing the target most of the time.

However, I was impressed that they were paying for range time to play rather than just shooting up the street somewhere...

Good gangstas? Their mama won't let them gangbang?

Found a creative way to blow their "Christmas Cash". Guess they couldn't afford to upgrade to the usual "9" that's commonly referred to.

gf

Twice last year. Time number 1 I was in Virginia. A beat up car with expired out of state (Massachusetts) plates ran a stop sign. Man pulled up next to me and started yelling obscenities and then pulled a weapon and started waving it at me. Then he cut me off and braked, forcing me to stop also. He had reholstered his weapon before exiting his vehicle. So, I beat him on the draw upon exiting and dialed 911 on the cell, so that everything was recorded. He said he was a Police Officer and ordered me to put away my weapon. He kept reaching for his weapon, and I warned him repeatedly that if he touched his weapon, I would put a 44. mag slug in him. Local constabularies arrived and it turned out he was an off duty police officer from another jurisdiction. They notified his superiors and sent him on his way with a warning. I was sent on my way also, without further incident as everything was recorded.

2nd incident was in Alabama in April. I was harrassed at night for over 50 miles by a car with 4 young folks in it. When I finally approached a town where I had previously lived and knew my way around, I pulled off of the interstate, dialed 911 drew my weapon and ordered them to put hands where I could see them. Someone yelled, "He's got a gun!!!" and they sped off. When the local police arrived I gave them tag number and vehicle description. Officer asked if I had time to go with him to the registered owners home. I did. The girl driving had gone straight home and the car was parked in the driveway. When questioned, she told the story and identified her friends that were with her (2 girls, 2 guys). They were underage drinking in Chattanooga, TN and got the bright idea to harrass and rob an out of stater on their way home. With my statement and her confession, again I was shortly on my way.

Before that, I had an incident in the early 80's with some dogs on a lonely road, that I had to put down while riding my motorcycle (Road had dead ended and I was turning around).

Well it sure does sound like you have needed your weapon a few times. That was a smart move dialing 911 so that the encounter with the off duty cop was recorderd. It's absurd that they let him off with a warning, if a civilian would have done that it would have been a different story. Smart thinking on your part!

Well it sure does sound like you have needed your weapon a few times. That was a smart move dialing 911 so that the encounter with the off duty cop was recorderd. It's absurd that they let him off with a warning, if a civilian would have done that it would have been a different story. Smart thinking on your part!

Agreed, very smart. Here in Wisconsin, we have taken a liking to those little digital recorders and tiny mini cams. They only record a few hours or less but that is about all you'll need. I remember a line from the movie Thunderheart when Frank Coutelle tells Ray Levoi: "Get Tape!!!" So we do.

I have never drawn a weapon since I became a permit holder.

Back in 83, I got transferred to Naval Training Center Millington, TN. I crossed the river into Memphis and made a wrong turn off of I-40. I found myself in the projects with a U-Haul truck, towing a car. I came to a dead end and had to make about 17 attempts to get turned around. When I finally got straightened out, there were roughly a dozen angry young men blocking my exit. I put my Marine Corps camo cover on my head and then reached down for my .45. I held it up where they could see it, chambered a round, and then layed it on the dash. I then put both hands on the steering wheel to indicate that the next move was up to them. They stood there for maybe 30 seconds and then parted in the middle to let me pass.

Against todays gangs, I think my actions would probably get me killed. I got lucky that day and it all worked out ok. If I had to do it over, I think I would just start driving slowly and use the truck as my weapon if things went bad.

I was hiking in the woods with my wife who gasped when she saw, as I did. two large dogs appear in front of us, perhaps at 20 or 30 yards. As of almost it's own accordi my pistol came out, I did hold the muzzle up. Feral dogs can be very dangerous as they usually have little fear of people. Next I could see movement further back in the woods, people, the dogs owners,a couple out walking them. I turned sideways, to hide the pistol, as I reholstered. We smiled and wished each other a good morning as we passed by. Looking back now, I realize that I was a little too quick on the draw. If that couple had seen my pistol, things could of gotton real complicated as I would be rapidly explaining about the dangers of dogs running lose.

“There are three types of men. Some learn by reading, a few learn by observation, and the rest have to piss on the electric fence to find out for themselves.” --- Will Rogers

I have never drawn a weapon since I became a permit holder.

Back in 83, I got transferred to Naval Training Center Millington, TN. I crossed the river into Memphis and made a wrong turn off of I-40. I found myself in the projects with a U-Haul truck, towing a car. I came to a dead end and had to make about 17 attempts to get turned around. When I finally got straightened out, there were roughly a dozen angry young men blocking my exit. I put my Marine Corps camo cover on my head and then reached down for my .45. I held it up where they could see it, chambered a round, and then layed it on the dash. I then put both hands on the steering wheel to indicate that the next move was up to them. They stood there for maybe 30 seconds and then parted in the middle to let me pass.

Against todays gangs, I think my actions would probably get me killed. I got lucky that day and it all worked out ok. If I had to do it over, I think I would just start driving slowly and use the truck as my weapon if things went bad.

Yeah, todays gangs are really bad, especially in Memphis, I live in Memphis, we have one of the highest crime rates in the Country, in 2006 we were ranked number two in the nation for rape and murder charges.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back