Question re Carrying in FL?

denny2k

I have an Ohio license and will be traveling to Florida with several horses. I have to stop at he Florida Agriculture Inspection Station when entering Florida to show the necessary paper work for bringing the horses into Florida. My question is, are the Agriculture Inspectors considered LEO's and do I need to advise them that I am carrying? Thanks in advance for you help.

I would either contact the department directly before I left and take the name of the person who provides the answer OR I would contact Jon H. Gutmacher, Esq. He wrote the book on Florida Firearms law - Really he writes the book..
I have sent him a question through his website before and received and answer in pretty short order..

I agree with Hootmon on finding if the inspectors are LEO (I believe that they do hold that status), however Florida does not have a notify LEO requirement so you have no legal responsibility to disclose that you are carrying unless you are asked.

Also, the FDLE / NCIC system used by LEO in florida for the "quicky" background checks run when you are stopped, etc does not disclose if you hold a CCW or not so unlike some states where the LEO has already been informed that you are CCW, that is not the case in Florida.

I agree with Hootmon on finding if the inspectors are LEO (I believe that they do hold that status), however Florida does not have a notify LEO requirement so you have no legal responsibility to disclose that you are carrying unless you are asked.

Also, the FDLE / NCIC system used by LEO in florida for the "quicky" background checks run when you are stopped, etc does not disclose if you hold a CCW or not so unlike some states where the LEO has already been informed that you are CCW, that is not the case in Florida.[/quWe need that ammendment in Ohios law but I think the OhioCCW is already working onit.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back