Frame plug for the Glock 30sf

g30sheepdog

Ugh, I hope im in the right area for this post. If not, my badd. Im looking for one of those frame plugs that go into the bottom of the Glock frames near the magazine well. I already have one on my G23 and one on my G27. Now Im looking for one for my G30sf. Im not having any luck finding one. Anybody have any suggestions? :help:

Try top glock TopGlock.com I think, they mite have a plug,, Good Luck, they had them for all the Glocks I own,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I got mine for my 19 from the Cheaper than Dirt store here in Fort Worth. The mail order store should have one also.

Can I make a suggestion. Don't use a "Butt Plug" on the Glock. The opening at the bottom of the grip frame serves 2 purposes.
One, if the magazine gets jammed or is tight in place from a malfunction or debris, you need that space to grab with your thumb and index finger to get the mag out. Have a double feed with the slide foward and try to grab the mag and pull it out, then maybe wet your hands as if bloody or muddy and see if you can do it with the hole plugged up.What about in the stress of an armed confrontation.
Second, The opening also allows dirt and liquids to fall out of the gun. Right above the opening is the Sear/disconnector area, and the rear self cleaning rails. Dirt will be jarred loose under recoil and the debris falls out of the hole. It's designed like a double funnel to keep most debris out, but will expel it under the vibration of recoil. When you re-holster the gun, the debris, trapped by the plug, falls right back into the mechanism.
At one of the Glock Armorers schools I attended, and a Tactical shooting school where we shot our guns comming out of the water and after being rolled in the mud, we were advised not to use the "Butt Plugs".
Please people, leave the damn Glocks alone. Leave the do-dad's on the shelf and use the money for ammo and extra mags.

Thanks for all the info. I will check into it. And thx for the tips Headbanger. I will keep your suggestions in mind.

i have never been able to find one from my 30sf... never had any reason to get one though... unless you plan on plugging through mud or a desert :sarcastic:...

after looking and reading, they seem like a waste of money... my 19 and 30sf thus have open :pleasantry:butts:pleasantry:...

"Please people, leave the damn Glocks alone. Leave the do-dad's on the shelf and use the money for ammo and extra mags."

Agreed! Add night sights, buy holsters, ammo or rail light, etc. The Glock engineers designed the gun the way it is for a reason....To Hell and Back Reliability!

"Please people, leave the damn Glocks alone. Leave the do-dad's on the shelf and use the money for ammo and extra mags."

Agreed! Add night sights, buy holsters, ammo or rail light, etc. The Glock engineers designed the gun the way it is for a reason....To Hell and Back Reliability!

I'll bet the Sig Fans are having a cow right now with you using their slogan. "To hell and back reliablity".:biggrin:
But you are right. A good holster, ammo, mags, rail light is how you should be spending your money.

I did some checking and it looks like the frame plugs are made for all Glock models EXCEPT for the 30sf. They even make them for the 30, just not the "SF" model. Ugh. That’s just my luck.

And as far as the "leave the Glocks alone” concept. I can completely respect that opinion. We are all on the same team here. We are all sheepdogs.

Stay safe. Always carry.

And pray for the families of the four fallen Officers of the Lakewood P.D. that were recently murdered.

As a former L.E.O. myself, this kind of tragedy really upsets me. :sad:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back